An easy recipe for soft, fluffy, and absolutely delicious chocolate chip pancakes! A simple pancake batter loaded with chocolate chips, a great pancake recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES-
These light and fluffy homemade pancakes are so easy to make and so rich from the chocolate chip morsels. With each bite, you get fluffy and light pancake batter and bits of chocolate. This pancake recipe is the best way to start the day!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES-
Serve these fluffy pancakes with bacon, sausage, and fruit charcuterie board style for the BEST breakfast arrangement.
- Dry ingredients– In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Wet ingredients– Whisk together the sugar, milk, eggs, and cooled melted butter.
- Combine– Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chip morsels until combined. (TIP: Do NOT overmix the batter.)
- Cook– In a skillet, cook the pancakes with butter and oil until cooked.
- Serve– Enjoy the chocolate chip pancakes with desired toppings!
|CHEF’S TIP– We love cooking these pancakes on a griddle with a pancake mold for the perfect pancakes!|
CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKE TOPPINGS-
Other than enjoying the fluffy pancakes with butter and syrup, you can also add more toppings to bring these pancakes to a new level.
- FRUIT– Top with your choice of fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, bananas, and strawberries.
- JAM– Spread some flavored jam over the pancakes.
- WHIPPED CREAM– Whipped cream is a MUST!
- SYRUP– Drizzle with any of your favorite syrups.
- SUGAR– Dust with powdered sugar or extra sweetness.
When making these homemade chocolate chip pancakes double or even triple the recipe to freeze some for later! These freeze great and are perfect for busy mornings.
- FREEZE– Cook the pancakes according to instructions and allow the pancakes to cool. Once cool, transfer the pancakes to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- REHEAT– Remove the pancakes from the freezer bag and pop them into the microwave or toaster and reheat until warmed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, this pancake batter can be made ahead of time! Store the batter in THIS pancake dispenser and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If the pancake batter feels too thick then add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. The batter should be slightly lumpy and should pour easily.
If the batter is runny then you may have added too much liquid so add in a bit of flour slowly until you get a perfect consistency.
When the pancakes are ready to flip, the pancakes will start to bubble.
Reheat the pancakes in the microwave, oven, or toaster oven until warmed.
You can use milk chocolate chip morsels, dark chocolate chips, and we also love using mini morsels!
Other breakfast recipes-
- Breakfast Tacos
- French Toast Sticks
- Egg Frittata
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Ultimate Breakfast Burrito
- Classic Oatmeal
Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, milk, eggs and melted buttter until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Add the chocolate chip morsels and mix again.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into the skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan (I cook the pancakes in two batches).
- Clean the skillet with a paper towel and repeat the cooking process.