You are going to LOVE these cinnamon French Toast Sticks! Delicious sweetened sticks sprinkled with powdered sugar and dunked in maple syrup. The ultimate breakfast that the entire family will enjoy.
If you enjoyed this video recipe, we’d love for you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. (P.S. Click the BELL icon to get notifications of new videos.)\
We love starting the day off right with a delicious breakfast! From classic French toast sticks to croissant sandwiches or even a banana smoothie.
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST STICKS-
These delicious cinnamon toast sticks are so easy to make and come out crispy on the outside and so fluffy on the inside. This recipe is always a hit with the kiddos for breakfast and they are so EASY to make.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED-
What’s great about this recipe is that you probably already have the ingredients on hand!
- BREAD– For the best results, you want to use a thick bread such as brioche bread, texas toast or French bread.
- EGG MIXTURE– We use eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla to create a sweetened mixture for dredging.
- TOPPINGS– Serve the french toast with your favorite toppings.
- BUTTER– The butter not only gives you the golden, buttery and crispy french toast crust it also adds flavor.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST STICKS-
You will not believe how EASY these homemade cinnamon strips are to make! This is the perfect recipe to enjoy making with the kiddos.
- WHISK BATTER– In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well combined.
- CUT BREAD– Cut the bread pieces into 1-inch wide strips.
- DIP– With tongs, dip the bread sticks into the batter and flip, remove onto a plate. Repeat with all the sticks.
- COOK– In a skillet, cook the bread sticks with butter until golden and crispy on both sides.
- SERVE– Enjoy immediately with desired toppings.
|CHEF’S TIP– When dipping the sticks, make sure |
you do not leave the sticks in too long or the sticks will become soggy!
You can elevate this recipe by the choice of toppings! Here are some of our favorite ways to top and serve our sticks with-
- FRUIT– Top the sticks with your choice of fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, and blackberries.
- WHIPPED CREAM– Nothing beats the classic whipped cream topping!
- SYRUP-Drizzle with classic syrup or maple syrup.
- CHOCOLATE– If you like chocolate, top with chocolate chip morsels.
- POWDERED SUGAR– Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- CINNAMON SUGAR– Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and dip the sticks in this delicious mixture.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! After you cook the french toast sticks, cool add the sticks into freezer bags and freeze for up to 1 month.
Because this recipe is so simple to make we do not recommend making this ahead of time.
Yes, preheat the oven for 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the french toast sticks to the baking sheet and bake for about 12-14 minutes. Flip the french toast sticks and bake for an additional 15-16 minutes.
These sticks are great when cooked in the air fryer! Just add the sticks into a sprayed air fryer basket and cook at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
Yes! Instead of milk, you can use creamer (for a richer crust), almond milk or coconut milk.
You can reheat your french toast sticks in the oven, toaster oven, classic toaster or even air fryer. Cook until reheated.
Try these other breakfast recipes-
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a pie dish or glass bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Cut the bread slices into 1-inch thick strips. Using tongs, dip the bread strips into the egg mixture and flip, making sure that the entire bread piece is fully coated. Transfer onto a plate.
- In a skillet, heat over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and add the french toast sticks. Cook on medium low heat for about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden and cooked.
- Repeat with the rest of the french toast sticks with 1 Tbsp butter and repeat.
- Serve with desired toppings.