This classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is the easiest smoothie to make! Strawberries and bananas blended with honey, milk, and yogurt into the best homemade smoothie recipe!
What better way to start the day than a delicious homemade smoothie such as this recipe or our tropical pineapple mango smoothie.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE-
The strawberries and bananas combined with the yogurt and honey is the most amazing combination of flavors! This classic smoothie will become your favorite healthy snack or breakfast. I love making this for the kiddos in the morning or after school, especially during the hot summer days.
With just 5 ingredients you can have this rich smoothie ready to be enjoyed. All you need is:
- FRUIT– You will need strawberries and bananas for this recipe but you can use any other fruit as a substitute.
- HONEY– The honey is what gives the smoothie that natural sweetness, you can substitute for sugar.
- YOGURT– For this recipe, you can use either regular yogurt or Greek yogurt. If you want extra flavors you can add different types of flavored yogurt.
- MILK– You can use any kind of milk you would like such as regular milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
- ICE– If you like your smoothie cold, then add a couple of ice cubes into the blender. We like adding ice if your fruit is fresh.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE-
This smoothie recipe is so EASY to make you can even have the kiddos make it!
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into cups and ENJOY!
What we love about making homemade smoothies is that you can add whatever we want into the smoothie! Here are some of our favorite things to add:
- FRUIT– You can add different fruits such as raspberries, kiwi, blueberries, pineapple, etc.
- GREENS– For a healthier option, we like to add some spinach or kale into the smoothie.
- SEEDS– This smoothie is great with chia seeds, flax seeds or any other seeds you like.
- POWDERS-You can also add protein powder or acai powder into the smoothie.
- OTHER– I love adding extras for the kiddos such as; chocolate syrup, coconut shavings, almonds, and even peanut butter!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
YES! Just substitute the yogurt and milk for dairy free options and enjoy!
There is more fruit than liquid, just add another splash of liquid and continue until you reach the perfect consistency.
You may have added too much milk, just add a couple more strawberries or more bananas to thick.
When you use all frozen fruit and add ice then the frozen ingredients tend to get stuck in the blades. It’s best to mix half frozen fruit and half fresh.
We recommend you prepare this smoothie right before serving.
YES! You can add the smoothie into THESE popsicle liners and freeze overnight and you got yourselves popsicles the most delicious popsicles! Our kids love these.
More Drink Recipes:
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Peach Iced Tea
- Peach Lemonade
- Instant Pot Apple Cider
- Sparkling Peach Lemonade
- Canned Plum Kompot
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup whole milk, or almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup ice, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.