The easiest Instant Pot Apple Cider recipe completely ready in just 30 minutes. This homemade apple cider loaded with apples, oranges and cranberries will beat the store-bought drink.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
homemade apple cider recipe-
Once the cooler weather hits, this Instant Pot Apple Cider becomes a must in our home on a weekly basis. The recipe is so simple and so versatile. The apple cider is loaded with so much flavor: apples with oranges, cranberries, cinnamon with spices and a sweetener of choice. The cider is ready in just 30 minutes and your home will smell heavenly.
how to make instant pot apple cider?
- I love that the apple cider is versatile and forgiving. You can tweak the fruit you add to the cider and it still turns out great!
- Add the apples, oranges, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon and star anise to the instant pot. Pour water over the ingredients.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow to naturally release once cooked.
- Mash the fruit with a wooden spoon or potato masher (this will allow all the juices to be released).
- Strain the solids using a fine-mesh strainer, once drained, discard of the solids.
tips when making apple cider-
Can I use different fruit? Yes, you can add more or less of the indicated amount and throw in any other fruit you have on hand. We also like to add lemon slices to the cider when serving but that’s a personal preference.
What kind of apples can I use? Most apples will work great in the cider, just stay away from tart flavored apples (unless that’s the taste you are going for). We really like Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, Jonathan or McIntosh. A mix of different apples will also work great!
Do I serve the cider hot or cold? Cider is best served hot during the cooler day. We also like to make a large portion and keep it refrigerated and served cold during the warmer days. Totally a personal preference.
What can I use as a sweetener? We used granulated sugar in the recipe, you can substitute for honey or raw sugar. NOTE: We don’t like the cider overly sweet so we kept the sugar to a minimum, if you like your drinks sweet, add more sweetener.
Can I prepare the cider in a slow cooker? Most definitely, yes. Prepare the apple cider per instructions and cook over high 3-4 hours, and 5-6 on low. Continue with the instructions once cooked.
This spiced apple cider is loaded with so much flavor. Once you try the drink, you may be tempted to make it just for the smell it gives the entire house, ha! Enjoy, friends.
As always, don’t forget to comment below if you try this recipe, we love to hear from you. 🙂
GIVE THESE OTHER DRINKS A TRY:
Instant Pot Apple Cider Recipe
- Quarter the apples and slice the oranges.
- Add the apples, cranberries, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and sugar to the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Add the water.
- Close lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes with a natural release (or do a quick release after 10 minutes).
- Serve the cider hot or cold.