This Apple Bread Recipe is phenomenal. An amazing soft cinnamon bread loaf with apple chunks, walnuts, and an incredible icing. This bread is so quick to make and it will become a regular in your home during apple season.
With 10-minute prep time, it’s the perfect loaf to make when pinched for time.
PIN this to your Dessert Board HERE!
Homemade Apple Bread
There’s something so comforting about homemade bread. The aroma that fills the house is so appetizing. This apple bread hits the spot when craving a good homemade sweet bread loaf. The bread loaf is so soft and just melts in your mouth. The chunks of apples add so much flavor and walnuts a crunch that’s so satisfying.
Enjoy the apple bread with butter for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
How to make Apple Bread Recipe-
Making an apple bread loaf is so easy and quick. I’d say even easier than making banana bread.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add the milk and flour.
- Fold in the chopped apples and walnuts (or pecans).
- Bake bread loaf.
- Savor the aroma as the kitchen begins to smell like cinnamon and apples and drifts throughout the whole house.
What kind of apples to add to this moist apple bread?
Just about any kind apple will work. You just want to make sure it won’t get too mushy during the baking (McIntosh will do that). A crisp apple is best; Granny Smith, Gala, Golden Delicious or Melrose are all great choices.
What kind of nuts are added to an apple bread loaf?
Either walnuts or pecans will work in this apple bread recipe.
This apple bread loaf is great to make when you are in the mood for some homemade bread. It’s also a wonderful recipe to make and share with your friends, teachers, and neighbors.
TIP: This bread is wonderful to reheat for breakfast. Just pop a few slices of bread in the microwave or toasted over, spread some fresh butter over bread slice and you have yourself warm bread. Yes, please!
OTHER BREAD RECIPES TO TRY:
I hope you loved this Bread Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this bread loaf. We love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
Tools used when making this Bread Recipe:
Bread pan– We used a 9”x5” bread pan.
Spatula– My favorite spatula for baking.
Mixing bowls– This set is a must-have in the kitchen.
Apple Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 355°F at step 7. Line a 9"x5" bread pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with baking spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Flour, cinnamon, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla, fold with a spatula.
- Add flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the apples and walnuts, fold in gently with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into bread pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Set onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare the icing-
- In a saucepan melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and mix together until thick.
- Once bread loaf is completely cool, drizzle the icing over bread loaf. Or just spread generously over the bread, best option.
- Enjoy, friends.