This delicious and easy Apple Bread Recipe is made with a soft and fluffy cinnamon bread loaf loaded with apples and walnuts topped with sweet icing that completes the bread.
Not only is the bread easy to make, but it is also the perfect bread loaf all year round!
Watch the full detailed video on our YouTube and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our channel:).
APPLE CINNAMON BREAD-
This delicious cinnamon apple bread is the perfect fall baking recipe! I love whipping up this bread loaf during apple season, the entire family loves this loaf. The soft and fluffy cinnamon bread loaf is loaded with apple chunks and walnuts that are then topped with a brown sugar icing that completes the bread.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BEST APPLE BREAD-
This bread loaf can be ready to bake in under 15 minutes! All you need for this recipe is:
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking powder
What are the best apples for this quick loaf recipe?
Just about any kind of apple will work. You just want to make sure it won’t get too mushy during the baking (McIntosh will do that). A crisp apple is best: Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, Golden Delicious, or Melrose are all great choices for Apple Bread.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST APPLE BREAD RECIPE-
Making a bread loaf is so easy and quick, just as easy as making banana bread.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat room temperature butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer or whisk until creamy. Beat in one egg at a time.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Add the chopped apples and walnuts (or pecans) and fold into the batter. Pour the bread batter into bread loaf pans.
- Bake the bread loaf in a preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Make icing. Heat butter and sugar until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy whipping cream. Once cooled, stir in the powdered sugar.
- Allow bread to cool on a wire rack, top with icing and serve!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
The icing is totally optional in this recipe, you can totally leave it out of the recipe. You can also just dust with powdered sugar.
Either walnuts or pecans will work in this bread recipe.
Yes, you want to make sure you peel the apples to avoid problems during baking.
Yes! Once the bread is cool, wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
You can also freeze individual slices and just take out a slice or two when desired.
Warm apple bread is the BEST! Just add in the microwave for a couple of minutes for warm bread.
You can store the apple bread on the counter, covered to keep it from drying out for about 4-5 days.
If you store the bread correctly it will last for up to 5 days.
Other Sweet Bread Recipes-
Apple Bread Recipe with Cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and set aside.
- Pour in the milk and vanila and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold to combined.
- Add the apples and walnuts(or pecans) and fold the batter.
- Pour mixture into bread pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 355°F. Set onto a wire rack to cool completely.
prepare the icing-
- In a saucepan melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves.
- Once bread loaf is completely cool, drizzle the icing over bread loaf.