This easy Blueberry Coffee Cake is perfect for breakfast with a cup of hot coffee! Moist and soft coffee cake loaded with fresh blueberries and a streusel. The coffee cake is a great way to incorporate fresh blueberries just like the blueberry banana bread recipe!
Blueberry Coffee Cake-
This blueberry coffee cake is so moist yet soft and airy loaded with blueberries and topped with a crumbly streusel. It’s the perfect recipe for brunch, dessert, or breakfast.
This recipe reminds me of a Blueberry Muffin recipe, except it’s in cake form.
How to make Blueberry Cake-
Prepare the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 7″x11″ baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with baking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the sour cream, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add in the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries and 1 tsp flour together. Fold carefully into the cake batter.
Prepare streusel topping:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cubed butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until crumble forms.
- Pour the blueberry batter into the baking dish and top with the streusel crumb.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted into the center of the cake.
Can I use Frozen Blueberries?
- Yes, you can substitute the fresh blueberries for frozen. Don’t thaw the blueberries, add them to the cake batter frozen.
Can coffee Cake be Made in Advance?
- Yes, this can cake be made in advance and taste wonderful. You can even slightly warm it before serving for the fresh out-of-oven taste!
- The cake will keep fresh for 2-3 days if covered and refrigerated.
What size pan do I use?
- 7”x11” pan– Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 9” square pan– Bake 45-50 minutes.
- 9” round pan– Bake 40-50 minutes.
I hope you give this blueberry cake recipe a try. Not only is it absolutely DELICIOUS, but it is also so simple and easy to make.