Cake-like batter with a cream cheese layer, fresh raspberries and sliced almonds! This Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe is going to become your new favorite easy coffee cake recipe.
This coffee cake is ideal to serve for breakfast, brunch, as a dessert or just as a snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
ALMOND RASPBERRY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
My friends, this new coffee cake I am sharing today will become your new go-to dessert recipe! The batter is between a cake and a sweet bread, combined with fresh raspberries and almond. This is the ideal slice of cake you want with your morning coffee or tea.
You can add almonds to taste. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup sliced almost, you can add more or less! 🙂
Can I substitute almonds?
Yes, you can!
If you don’t like almonds, you can leave them out completely or substitute them for cube white chocolate. So GOOD!
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE
Let’s talk cream cheese. So, I had this crazy idea of fresh raspberries in a simple coffee cake. The first trial came out a bit dry and too simple. I love sharing my trials with my kids and listening to their feedback. When our oldest tried this cake, he gave the idea of a cream cheese layer! I tried it and it was a HUGE hit with our family. Everyone agreed – cream cheese layer for the win.
A cream cheese layer combined with the cake and fresh raspberries is a combination like no other!
RASPBERRY COFFEE CAKE
The inspiration for this recipe came from our popular Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaf. I love how the lemon and blueberries compliment each other when served as a sweet bread. So, I wanted to create something similar but using raspberries and serving it as a cake and not a bread loaf. I think it came out beautiful and is genius.
EASY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
I love to bake for my family. It’s so therapeutic (yes, I am weird). My husband and our boys love dessert. They enjoy cakes most. However, most cakes just take forever to bake. I don’t have that kind of time. That’s why I love this easy cake recipe. It’s super simple to throw together and the results are just as impressive as an elegant cake that took 2 hours from start to finish. #KeeperRecipe
Tips on HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY COFFEE CAKE:
Be sure to spread out the batter and cream cheese layer evenly. Often times when baking with a thick batter, the batter has the thickest coat in the middle of the cake. Try to spread out the batter so its even throughout the cake.
Same with the cream cheese layer. Add small portions of the cream cheese throughout the cake, it will be easier to spread (Don’t just put all of the cream cheese into the center and spread try to spread it.) Be sure the edges of cake have the same amount of cream cheese as the center. Or else the edges will start to overcook while the center will be dry.
When you add the raspberries to the over the cream cheese. Push them down into the cream cheese layer so it will be easy to spread the remaining batter. (I forgot to do this in the video.)
This recipe has been UPDATED! There was MISPRINT in the original post. I APOLOGIZE!!
Try these other RECIPES:
- Best Blueberry Lemon Cake Loaf– A soft cake/bread batter with lemon zest and fresh blueberries.
- Cake Roulade with Raspberries– Soft cake with a cream and chocolate layer. Topped with raspberries.
- Layered Chocolate Nutella Cake– Delicious chocolate cake with a Nutella cream and fresh raspberries.
Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake
cream cheese layer-
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Prepare a 10" springform pan. Add parchment to the bottom of the pan. Close sides. Butter sides and bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and softened butter. Mix 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine and sour cream, oil, and lemon juice. Mix1 minutes.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the egg mixture. Give a quick mix.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder. Add half of the flour, mix. Add the remaining flour, mix again.
- In a bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, and mix.
- Pour about ¾ of the cake batter into the springform pan, spreading evenly. Add cream cheese layer distributing it evenly.
- Add 6 oz of the raspberries, pushing them down into the cream cheese layer.
- Add remaining batter into the pan, spread evenly. Add sliced almonds over cake, add remaining raspberries on top pushing them in (I sliced my raspberries in half).
- Bake 40-50 minutes. Test readiness with a toothpick. It should come out clean if inserted into the center of the cake.
- Once cooled, add powdered sugar to the top. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.