You can have this amazing BBQ Chicken Flatbread Recipe ready in no time! Homemade Flatbread Dough topped with barbecue sauce, juicy chicken, cheese and you choice of toppings.
BBQ CHICKEN FLATBREAD PIZZA-
Flatbreads are so to make and taste absolutely delicious! The thin crispy flatbread dough is topped with barbecue, chicken, and shredded cheese and baked to cheesy perfection. This pizza is so delicious and fun to make, we love having pizza night with this recipe and everyone makes they own flatbread with their choice of toppings.
With just these 5 easy ingredients, you can have your own delicious bbq chicken flatbread recipe!
- Flatbread– You can use any flatbread you like. We use our homemade Flatbread Dough, or you can use premade dough at the grocery store.
- Barbecue– Use your favorite bbq sauce. We love using Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce.
- Chicken– For the chicken, any of your go-to cooked chicken recipes will work. We like to use our Pan-seared chicken, grilled chicken, air fryer Chicken Breast, or even Shredded Chicken. You can also use rotisserie chicken.
- Cheese– Your favorite shredded cheese will work: shredded colby jack cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, mild cheddar cheese or any other shredded cheese will work.
- Onion– We love adding sliced red onion to our pizza. You can leave out the onion if you do not like the onion.
HOW TO MAKE BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA-
Have this recipe prepped in no time with these simple steps!
- Prep Oven– Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chicken– Cook the chicken using the desired method. Slice, cube, or shred the chicken.
- Cut Onion– Slice the red onion into thin strands.
- Assemble– Place the flatbread pizza onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange Toppings– Add barbecue to the flatbread and spread it all over the flatbread. Top with shredded cheese, chicken pieces, and red onion.
- Bake– Bake the flatbread until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is crispy.
- Enjoy– Top with sliced green onion parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Enjoy this BBQ Chicken Pizza with Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing.
There are so many different toppings you can add to the pizza! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Sliced mini bell peppers
- sliced Jalapenos
- Red onion
- fresh cilantro
- Chopped bacon
- Red pepper flakes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
This recipe makes one flatbread, about 2 servings.
Yes! This works great on classic pizza dough! The bake time will vary depending on the size of the pizza.
Yes! Just assemble the pizza and store it in the fridge until ready to bake. We recommend baking it the same day.
You can reheat it in the oven uncovered until warm or use an air fryer if you have one.
Yes! If your flatbread fits into the basket of the air fryer this is great in the air fryer! Air fry at 375°F until the cheese melts.
You can also bake this in the toaster oven!
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES-
- Baked Jalapeno Popper
- Caprese Bruschetta
- Hot Crab Dip Recipe
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Grilled Chicken Wings
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Recipe
- 1 recipe flatbread dough
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese**
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, sliced or cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- Prepare one portion of the homemade flatbread and bake per instructions, about 10-12 minutes.
- Spread the barbecue sauce over the flatbread and top with shredded cheese, cubed chicken, and sliced onion.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Slice and serve warm. Enjoy!