An easy recipe for the BEST Baked Jalapeno Poppers! Jalapeños sliced and stuffed with a cheesy and creamy bacon filling, the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion!
The Jalapeno Popper has the perfect amount of heat and creaminess and is a hit at every party.
BACON Jalapeño Popper –
If you’ve enjoyed the taste of our Jalapeno Popper Dip, then this recipe will be loved just as much.
These stuffed jalapeno poppers are a classic appetizer for the holidays or for a game-day snack. The fresh jalapeno is cut in half and stuffed with cream and cheesy bacon filling then oven-baked to perfection! Every bite has a hint of the creamy filling combined with the baked jalapeno, so good.
This recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients!
- JALAPENOS– You want to make sure you use fresh jalapeno peppers. We prefer bigger fresh jalapenos so the stuffing is easier.
- CREAM CHEESE– The cream cheese should be room temp, for easier mixing. This brings creaminess to the filling.
- GARLIC– Freshly minced garlic or garlic powder can be used.
- SEASONING– We use salt, pepper, and Ranch powder for seasoning. You can also add Ranch powder or your favorite spices such as paprika, onion powder, or garlic powder for flavor!
- GREEN ONION– Thinly sliced green onions worked great for this recipe, or substitute for chives.
- SHREDDED CHEESE– You want to use shredded cheese and grated parmesan cheese. You can use any shredded cheese you have on hand. We like to use cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, Colby jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and any other cheese.
- BACON– Use our Air Fryer Bacon recipe to get the perfect bacon for this recipe. The bacon needs to be cooked and cubed or finely chopped.
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPERS recipe-
I love how simple and fast this baked Jalapeño Popper recipe comes together! These stuffed jalapenos are truly the perfect finger food!
- PREP– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven.
- JALAPENOS– Be sure to wear gloves! Slice the jalapeno in half and scoop out all the seeds and membranes using a spoon. Repeat this with all the jalapenos. Rinse and pat dry.
- FILLING– In a bowl, add the cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, Ranch powder, green onion, mild cheddar, bacon, and parmesan cheese. Mix the cheese mixture until well combined and creamy.
- ASSEMBLE– Stuff the jalapenos with the filling, disturbing evenly among all the jalapenos and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE– Bake the jalapeno poppers until the cheese melts and they are golden.
- SERVE– Top with fresh cilantro and parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.
|CHEF’S TIP– If you prefer your jalapeno poppers with more heat to them, then leave some of the membranes and seeds when cleaning out the jalapenos.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can still use the jalapenos when they are red, they will just be a bit sweeter than the greener ones.
Once cooled, you can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
To reheat, you can bake or air fry until warm.
Yes, these are great to make ahead of time. Assemble the poppers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in advance. Then, just bake before serving.
Yes, you can use ground sausage, chorizo, turkey bacon, or even finely chopped ham.
If you do not prefer spicy, you can use mini sweet peppers instead of jalapenos.
These jalapeno poppers may be cooked in an air fryer! Just add a single layer of poppers into the air fryer basket and air fry at 325°F for about 10-12 minutes.
Appetizers are always a hit at parties and potlucks. Here are some of the best appetizers:
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapenos
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranies of the jalapenoes and discard. Rinse and pat the jalapenoes dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, Ranch powder, green onion, shredded cheese, and bacon for the filling.
- Stuff the jalapenos with the creamy mixture, evenly distributing the mixture along with jalapenos.
- Placed stuffed jalapenos on a baking sheet and bake at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes, or until the cheese melts golden in color.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the poppers and serve.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.