The BEST recipe for extra crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings! The wings are seasoned with a dry rub and air fried to crispy perfection! You can have the amazing chicken wings ready in under 30 minutes!
If you love wings but don’t have an air fryer, try our classic baked chicken wings but if you do have an air fryer, this recipe is a MUST TRY.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS-
These chicken wings are so EASY to make and no deep-frying required! The chicken wings are tossed in a dry rub using classic seasoning you have on hand then cooked in the air fryer. You can substitute for your favorite seasoning for the wings with great results.
These chicken wings are GREAT to serve with celery, carrots and even homemade Ranch for dinner or as an appetizer!
HOW TO MAKE COOK CHICKEN WINGS IN AIR FRYER-
- Pat the chicken wings dry and add them to a bowl. You want to be sure the chicken is completely dry for the ultimate crispiness.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic. Season the wings and toss until all sides are coated.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with baking spray, we love the Olive Oil spray. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with desired sauce and sides.
How long do we Cook Wings in Air Fryer?
The bake time will vary depending on the model of your air fryer and the size of your wings. For smaller wings cook 14-16 minutes and check on the doneness and crispiness. For larger wings allow wings to cook 18-22 minutes.
Sauces and seasonings for wings?
We love adding flavored sauces and different seasoning to the wings to our wings.
Favorite seasoning combinations:
Here are some classic sauces:
Once the chicken wings are cooked, toss them in the desired sauce and then add them back to the air fryer for another 2 minutes, so the sauce penetrates and sticks to the wings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How do I get extra crispy wings? You’ll want to make sure you pat the chicken completely dry before adding the seasonings and be sure not to overcrowd the fryer so they become crispy on all sides.
- Do I need to add oil? Absolutely no oil is needed. Just season and cook.
- Can I double the recipe? We recommend you keep the wings in a single layer for the ultimate crispiness unless your air fryer has two layers.
- Do I have to preheat the air fryer? Absolutely not. That is the best part about air fryers.
- How do I store leftover wings? Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Do I have to cover the bottom of the fryer? You don’t at all but we purchased the liners for the air fryer for easier cleanup.
- Can I use frozen wings? We don’t recommend cooking with frozen wings in the air fryer as they cook really quickly. Thawed wings work best in the air fryer.