The easiest recipe for Baked BBQ Chicken Wings. Seasoned chicken wings baked in the oven until crispy and tender then smothered in an easy honey barbecue sauce.
Baked bbq wings-
When you think of appetizers, especially for game day or parties – WINGS is one of the first things that comes to mind, always a party favorite. Though we love the Mild Wings, this barbecue option is a favorite, the sweet and tangy sauce gives the wings so much flavor. The barbecue sauce the wings are smothered in only uses two ingredients making this recipe – SO EASY!
How to make bbq chicken wings-
BAKE the CHICKEN WINGS-
- Pat the chicken wings dry using a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Add the chicken wings into a bowl and coat with the seasoning and baking powder.
- Arrange the wings on a baking rack over a rimmed baking sheet. TIP: Keep the wings apart for even cooking and so all sides are crispy.
cover wings in sauce-
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the barbecue sauce.
- Once wings are baked. Completely cover the wings in the barbecue sauce.
- Return the wings back to the oven for an additional 5 minutes of cooking, allowing the sauce to penetrate and stick to the wings.
We used Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce in this recipe, you can use your favorite barbecue sauce if you prefer. Keep in mind all sauces are different and the amount of honey needed might need to be adjusted depending on the bbq sauce you use.
NOTE: You can skip the honey in the sauce and just add the barbecue sauce to the wings with great results if you don’t like honey barbecue.
OTHER POPULAR PARTY APPETIZERS-