Amazing Baked French Fries Recipe that will become a hit even with the picky eaters. Skip fried fries and enjoy the much healthier baked version, you’ll never go back. Crispy oven fries prepared and ready in under 20 minutes!
Enjoy the homemade fries with a BBQ Pulled Chicken or Instant Pot Crack Chicken Sandwich.
Baked French Fries-
French fries are the classic American comfort side food. Everyone loves french fries! Many times we eat french fries without thinking about how bad they are for you when they are deep-fried. With these baked french fries, you can’t go wrong. These crispy, tender fries baked in the oven are easy to make and so much healthier and so easy to prepare! The seasoning is wonderful and tastes like restaurant quality fries.
How to make homemade french fries:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven.
- Peel and wash potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into even strands. Rinse potatoes under cold water.
- Pat completely dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Add the fries to the baking sheet. Toss French fries with oil, generously coating.
- Season the French fries and toss again.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes to get the fries crispy.
Baked french fries-
These baked french fries are seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic. With these seasoning, you already have the perfect french fries recipe and don’t need to add too much more. However, you can top these oven fries with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese before serving.
I love these fries as a side dish for lunch or dinner, or even as a snack!
What kind of potatoes can I use?
This recipe will work with any potatoes you have. You may just need to slightly adjust the baking time of the fries. Yukon gold, Red potatoes, Russet, Idaho or even Sweet potato may be used in this recipe.
I hope you loved this recipe for Oven Baked Fries. Don’t forget to tag us on Social Media if you make them. We love to see your creation, #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other POTATO recipes:
- One Pan Chicken Potatoes & Vegetables– Easy dinner for busy evenings.
- Mashed Potatoes– Classic creamy mashed potatoes recipe.
- Easy Meat & Potato Casserole– The cheese makes this potato casserole a winner.
Baked French Fries
- 1 lb potatoes
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Cut into even thin strands. Rinse under cold water. Completely pat dry.
- In a bowl, add the potatoes, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix until well incorporated.
- Baked 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fries. Then broil for 2-3 minutes or until crispy.