These homemade chicken nuggets are not only loved by kids but adults too! Crispy and crunchy exterior with a juicy and flavorful inside, the best nuggets recipe.
CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE-
This kid-friendly homemade nuggets recipe is so easy to make and truly the best! The crunchy and crispy crust with a juicy and flavorful chicken filling is heaven in every bite. Serve these with our homemade chick-fil-a sauce and you have got yourself a delicious lunch or dinner!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NUGGETS-
- Make: Combine all the ingredients for the nuggets.
- Shape: Shape the meat into chicken nuggets.
- Coat: Dip into the panko crumbs.
- Fry: Fry the chicken until crispy.
- Enjoy: Enjoy it with your favorite dipping sauce.
And, that is it my friends. This is how simple it is to make homemade chicken nuggets!
- AIR FRYER-
- Spay the air fryer basket with baking spray and add the nuggets into the basket. Cook at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the nuggets to a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for about 14-16 minutes, or until cooked.
You can enjoy these nuggets in so many different ways. Here are some of our favorite ways:
- FRIES– Make a batch of our baked french fries or our crispy sweet potato fries to serve along with the nuggets.
- WITH DIPPING SAUCE– Enjoy these nuggets with a dipping sauce such as ketchup, honey mustard sauce, barbecue, Ranch dressing, or creamy chick-fil-a sauce.
- SIDE SALAD– Whip up a simple salad to enjoy with this chicken recipe.
- AS A SIDE– Serve the nuggets as a side with some mashed potatoes or some mac and cheese to enjoy as dinner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can make the chicken nuggets ahead of time, just cover the mixture then dip in crumbs right before frying.
You can reheat the chicken nuggets in the oven or air fryer. Just cook until reheated.
You want to freeze the chicken nuggets uncooked on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper, then transfer to a freezer bag. Thaw and cook with whatever method you enjoy.
Yes, easily substitute the ground chicken with ground turkey and continue with recipe instructions.
Try these other kid-friendly recipes:
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, black pepper, salt, mayo, and water.
- Shape 12 even sized nuggets out of the ground chicken mixture. In a seperate bowl add the crushed panko crumbs and coat each nugget on all sides.
- In a deep skillet, add oil for frying (about 1-inch deep). Once oil is hot, add the chicken nuggets into the skillet (work in batces if needed). Cook the nuggets about 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking (until all sides are crispy and golden).
- Remove from skillet and serve with desired sides and condiments.