These crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries make for the ultimate side dish. Sweet potatoes sliced into thin strands drizzled with oil, seasoned then baked.
Though the fries are baked and not fried, they taste amazing.
Just like classic French fries that go with just about everything, so do Sweet Potatoes.
SWEET POTATO wedges recipe-
This recipe for baked fries is classic and so easy. The sweet potatoes are season crispiness makes for a great side dish. These baked fries are so easy to make and so good!
HOW TO CUT sweet potato-
The key to the perfect fries is the way you cut the potato. You can cut them larger like wedges or thinner strands for extra crispiness as classic fries are cut.
- Peel the sweet potato with a vegetable peeler.
- Slice the potatoes.
- So the potato is stable when slicing, slice the edge of the sweet potato so you had a flat side of the potato to use.
- Slice the potato lengthwise into about ¼” inch slices (up to ½” but no more).
- Cut into fries.
- Stack the slices then slice into fries.
HOW TO MAKE baked FRIES-
These are really easy to make and so you want to make sure the rest of the food is ready for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a rimmed 13×18 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into fries.
- Spread out the fries into the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the fries and toss.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning. Season the fries and toss to combine.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes, or until crispy and cooked to desired tenderness.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Frequently asked questions-
If the fries aren’t crispy enough, they were cooked at too low of a temperature or removed too quickly.
You can enjoy sweet potato fries as a dish for almost any dish. You can also just enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce.
You DON’T need to peel your sweet potato fries. If you like the skin on your fries you can keep them unpeeled, just be sure to clean the potatoes properly.
Yes! These sweet potato fries freeze great! After the fries are cooked then cooled, add them to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
To REHEAT: Take out the fries and reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer until reheated.
Reheat the sweet potato fries in the oven, toaster oven, or our favorite way is the air fryer until reheated and crispy.
These fries are great are so versatile and may be served as a side to just about any dish. Here are some of our favorite options.
- Entree- Great as a side for pork chops or parmesan chicken
- Sandwich- alongside a chicken sandwich
- Appetizer- with the popular baked wings
- Or just dip in homemade Ranch
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch thin fries.
- Add the sweet potato fries into prepared baking sheet and drizzle with oil and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season the sweet potato fries and mix until combined.
- Bake at 425°F for13-15 minutes, until golden and reached desired tenderness.