Chicken Mushroom Canapes are great if served as an appetizer or side. Toasted baguette topped with chicken, mushrooms, cheese, mayo, and dill. The canapes are baked and served warm.
chicken mushroom canapes-
These chicken and mushroom canapes are wonderful. The cooked chicken mixed with sauteed mushroom and a cheesy mayo mixture is a great combination. Once baked the baguette becomes crunchy and the mixture becomes cheesy and so delicious. This is a great recipe to serve at parties or get togethers! Always a hit.
ingredients for chicken mushroom canapes-
- Chicken breast
- Mushrooms, sauteed
- Oil, to saute
- Shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Mexican or Four cheese)
TIP: Using a regular knife to cut the baguette may lead to some difficulties, so I love using a serrated knife it just smoothly cuts into the bread, leaving you with great bread pieces.
Hot Sauce or Sriracha may be added to taste to give the sandwiches a kick. Chopped tomatoes also work great! 🙂
can the canapes be prepared in advance?
Yes, this is a wonderful recipe to prepare the day before serving. Prepare everything per instructions and keep refrigerated.
This is a great recipe to make and enjoy for a few days. I like to make a large batch and keep stored. Then I just toast a few open-faced sandwiches at a time.
I hope you love these Chicken Canapes! Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below if you try the recipe. We’d love to hear from you.
Chicken Mushroom Canapes
- 1 canned chicken breast, 10 or 12 oz
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp dill
- 1 baguette loaf
- Chop mushrooms. Sautee them on high heat with 2 tsp oil until golden, lightly salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Combine chicken, mushrooms, mayo, cheese and dill.
- Slice the baguette into about 24 pieces. Top baguette slices with the chicken mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350° for 12-15 minutes.