These Chicken Mushroom Canapes are so popular to serve at parties. Toasted baguette topped with a hearty chicken, mushrooms and cheese mixture and baked.
Spinach and Artichoke Canapes is also a great open-faced sandwich.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
chicken mushroom canapes-
These chicken and mushroom canapes are wonderful. The cooked chicken mixed with sauteed mushrooms and a cheesy mayo mixture is a great combination of flavors. Once baked the baguette becomes crunchy and the mixture becomes cheesy and so delicious. This is a great recipe to serve at parties or get-togethers! Always a hit and everyone wants the recipe.
ingredients for chicken mushroom canapes-
- Chicken breast
- Mushrooms, sauteed
- Oil, to saute
- Shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Mexican or Four cheese)
TIP: Using a regular knife to cut the baguette may lead to some difficulties, so I love using a serrated knife it just smoothly cuts into the bread, leaving you with great bread pieces.
Hot Sauce or Sriracha may be added to taste to give the sandwiches a kick. Chopped tomatoes also work great! 🙂
can the canapes be prepared in advance?
Yes, this is a wonderful recipe to prepare the day before serving. Prepare everything per instructions and keep refrigerated.
This is a great recipe to make and enjoy for a few days. I like to make a large batch and keep stored. Then I just toast a few open-faced sandwiches at a time.
I hope you love these chicken canapes with mushrooms and dill as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below if you try the recipe. We’d love to hear from you.
Chicken Mushroom Canapes
- Chop mushrooms and sautee over high heat with 2 tsp oil until golden, lightly salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the drained chicken, mushrooms, mayo, cheese and dill in a bowl.
- Slice the baguette into about 22- 24 pieces. Top baguette slices with the chicken mixture and add to the baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350° for 12-15 minutes.