This homemade Rotel Dip Recipe is going to become your new go-to dip recipe! Seasoned ground beef with Rotel, loaded with cheese and served with your favorite chips or Crostini.
ROTEL QUESO DIP-
This cheesy Rotel queso dip is loaded with flavors and so easy to make! The ground beef, Rotel, and cheeses combined then cooked give you the ultimate cheesy dip to serve anytime!
We love making this dip as an appetizer when having guests, especially during game night.
WHAT YOU NEEDS-
The ingredients for a Classic Rotel Dip with Ground Beef are so simple!
- Ground Beef– For this recipe, you want to use a good quality of lean ground beef.
- Onion– Finely chopped onion works best for this dip.
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic or garlic powder can be used.
- Rotel– Rotel tomatoes are canned diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Cream Cheese– Room temperature cream cheese for easier mixing.
- Cheese– You can use shredded sharp cheddar and American cheese.
- Seasoning– Store-bought taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning may be used.
HOW TO MAKE ROTEL DIP-
With just 5 minutes of prep time, you can have this EASY Rotel dip in the oven!
- Saute beef– In a skillet, add the ground beef and chopped onion and saute until the beef is fully cooked. Add in the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Combine– In a baking dish, combine the sauteed beef with remaining ingredients. Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake– Cover the dish with foil and bake until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
SLOW COOKER QUESO DIP-
This hearty queso dip works GREAT in the slow cooker! We love making this in the slow cooker when having guests!
- Saute beef– In a skillet, add the ground beef and chopped onion and saute until the beef is fully cooked. Add in the garlic and saute until fragrant. Place the browned meat into the slow cooker.
- Combine-Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook– Cook the dip on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to mix up the cheese.
- Serve– Turn on the warm setting, serve and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can substitute the ground beef with sausage or for a lighter option ground turkey.
If you do not have a can of Rotel you can also just use a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green chiles.
Yes! You can prepare the dish and refrigerate it. Then, just bake when ready to serve.
To reheat, just add the dip back into the oven and reheat until warm.
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Pork Potstickers
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Rotel Dip Recipe (with Ground Beef)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz rotel tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz American cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, on high heat, add 1 tsp oil. Once hot, add the diced onion and ground beef. Cook until meat is browned and onion is tender (about 5 minutes), breaking up meat as it’s cooking.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove meat from skillet. Add the browned meat into a 9×13 casserole dish along with the rotel tomatoes, shredded cheee, and taco seasoning. Toss and mix until well combined.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Serve with chips and enjoy.