Easy recipe for Seafood Phyllo Cups Appetizers. Phyllo sheets stuffed with crab, shrimp, green onion and cream cheese. The perfect seafood mini phyllo cups appetizers for parties!
If you enjoy seafood appetizer try the Hot Seafood Appetizers.
Seafood Phyllo Cups Appetizers, oh so wonderful. Doesn’t the name itself just make you hungry? I love me some seafood, like really LOVE. Actually, let me clarify my love for seafood, haha. I am not a fan of anything that is alive tasting or looking, just makes my stomach turn. By that I mean raw sushi or like an octopus, or squid – just no. Cooked shrimp, fish, salmon and crab is about as seafoodie as I will probably get.
I really enjoy working with phyllo (fillo) dough sheets. Once baked, the layers are so delicate, crispy and crunchy. Then added seafood filling of shrimp, crab with cream cheese, mayo and Parmesan cheese just takes the appetizers over the top.
The amount of the seafood mixture is enough for 24 mini cups (using a mini cupcake baking pan). If you don’t want to make that many, just use the desired amount and keep the rest refrigerated for later.
The seafood mixture refrigerates well for days (just keep covered). This is a wonderful recipe to prep ahead of time if you are having a party and are trying to prep some food in advance. All you would have to do the day of serving is stuff the phyllo sheets and bake. So easy.
Not only is this recipe super easy and delicious, but these shrimp appetizers are also SOO beautiful when served. They will be such a wonderful addition at your next gathering.
tips for making seafood phyllo cups-
- In this recipe, I use cooked shrimp. If you have raw shrimp, you can cook the shrimp. Once it’s cooled, use it instead of the cooked shrimp.
- In this recipe, I used imitation crab. If you have canned crab or fresh crab meat, they would be a wonderful substitute.
- Be sure that the phyllo sheets are completely thawed before use.
- While working with a few phyllo sheets at a time, keep the remaining sheets covered so they don’t dry out.
- These are best if baked and served immediately.
- You can prep these, cover them with plastic wrap and keep the pan refrigerated until ready to bake. Just don’t forget to remove the plastic wrap – that would not be good.
Hope you enjoy these Seafood Phyllo Cups recipe. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media, #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other great appetizer recipes:
- Salmon Dip– A creamy and light dip recipe with smoked salmon.
- Hot Crab Dip– Easy dip loaded with crab.
- Tuna and Egg Canapes– Toasted baguettes topped with tuna and eggs.
- Hot Sandwiches– Canapes with lunch meats, mayo, and cheese.
Seafood Phyllo Cups Appetizers
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 4 oz crab meat, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 cup shredded four cheese, or your fav cheese
- salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 16 phyllo sheets
- Coat mini muffin pan with baking spray (or butter). Set aside.
- Chop the shrimp and crab into small pieces.
- Finely chop green onion and dill.
- Add all the ingredients (minus the phyllo sheets) and to a bowl, mix well. (Season lightly with salt and pepper).
- Take two phyllo sheets and lay them out (one on top of the other). Cut into four strips.
- Take each strip and cut into three. (There will be 12 squares .)
- Each strip (consisting of the 3 squares just cut) with make one phyllo cup. Take the first square (two thin sheets) and lay them out. Place the second square on top, and the third on top of the second. You will need a total of 6 squares for one phyllo cup. (See photos)
- Take the stack just created and place it into the mini muffin. Some of the phyllo sheets should extend onto the sides of the pan. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets
- Generously brush melted butter over phyllo sheet cups.
- Add the seafood mixture into each phyllo cup. Repeat with remaining seafood mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven to 355°F for 20-25 minutes, until phyllo sheets are golden in color and cheese is melted.