Easy Tuna and Egg Canapes recipe. Toasted baguette slices topped with a creamy tuna and egg mixture, tomatoes and avocados. This is a great recipe for parties or even a simple lunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
tuna and egg canapes-
Though these tuna and egg canapes are extremely easy to make, I must admit, they are amazing. The grated eggs and tuna with a garlic mayo mixture are such a simple treat. You can add additional toppings to add more flavor to the canapes, but it’s not necessary.
If you’d like to try other toppings, sliced tomato, cucumber or even avocado would work great on top. If you want a kick to the tuna, dice some jalapenos into the mixture.
how to make tuna and egg canapes-
- Slice the baguette into even slices and toast 6-8 minutes until toasted, set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the drained tuna, grated egg whites, mayo, garlic and seasonings.
- Top toasted slices with tuna.
If you want a new favorite the kids and adults will enjoy, these appetizers should be on your list to try.
you’ll LOVE these other appetizer recipes-
- Hot Seafood Appetizers– Creamy crab and shrimp spread on bread.
- Fried Zucchini Recipe– Fried zucchini with a mayo spread and tomatoes.
- Hot Sandwiches– Sandwiches made with a variety of lunch meat.
- Bacon Tomato Avocado Canapes– Crispy canapes with a creamy avocado spread.
Tuna and Egg Canapes
- 3 (5 oz each) cans tuna, drained
- 3 boiled eggs (whites), grated
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 365F.
- Slice baguette into about 24 slices. Bake 6-8 minutes until slices are toasted.
- Drain water from the canned tuna and grate egg whites on a grater (I like to use the smaller holes). Combine everything in a bowl.
- Top toasted bread with tuna mixture. Enjoy.