Fried Zucchini Recipe is such a great recipe for any time of year. Zucchini slices fried in a Parmesan breading, with a garlic mayo spread and topped with tomato slices and cheese. Perfect for parties and when trying to serve as a finger food. So easy!
PIN this recipe for to your APPETIZERS board HERE!
Fried zucchini recipe
Fried zucchini with fresh tomatoes, cheese and a garlic mayo spread. These appetizers are such a great idea for parties. They make for perfect Hors d’oeuvre when you are trying to serve finger foods at a party you may be hosting. Not only are these zucchini fries really easy to make, they are beautiful individual bite-sized appetizers that aren’t messy and so beautiful when served.
How to make fried zucchini
I just love this easy fried zucchini recipe. These easy, fried zucchini bites are so quick to make, you really can’t go wrong when preparing it. The zucchini slices may be fried in advance and refrigerated covered. Then, just add the garlic mayo spread and fresh tomatoes. Be sure the fried zucchini slices cool completely before adding toppings. They are best if served cold.
How to bread zucchini for frying-
There are many different options for how to bread zucchini for frying. You can just drip the zucchini in breadcrumbs, or a combination of Panko crumbs with flour. However, I like to do it a little different. Coating the zucchini slices into the flour first, then the egg mixture and then the Parmesan breadcrumbs will be the perfect breading.
Can I substitute the mayonnaise?
Vegan mayo may be substituted for the mayonnaise. You can use a combination of room temp cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream as the spread. Still so good!
Other zucchini recipes to try:
- ZUCCHINI & EGGS BREAKFAST FRITTERS– Zucchini fritters made with ham and eggs.
- ZUCCHINI SPREAD (IKRA)– Delicious appetizer spread made with zucchini.
Getting to know you: What’s your favorite way to enjoy zucchini?
Fried Zucchini Recipe
- 1 large zucchini (2 small)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp half and half
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Lawry's seasoning
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Garlic Mayo Mixture
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Colby or Mozzarella)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 tomatoes, sliced
- oil for frying
- Slice your zucchini into about 1/2” thick slices.
- Combine the ingredients for bowl 1, bowl 2, and bowl 3.
- Take a slice of zucchini, coat with flour in the first bowl. Then, dredge in the second bowl. Finally, coat with the ingredients in the third bowl.
- Add enough oil to a skillet to cover the bottom of the pan. Once oil, fry zucchini slices on med/high heat until each side is crispy (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Transfer fried zucchini slices onto a plate lined with a few paper towels.
- Set aside for the zucchini to cool completely.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, shredded cheese, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- Once zucchini slices have cooled, spread mayo mixture. Then, top with a few slices of tomatoes