The recipe for these canapes (open-faced sandwiches) is pretty remarkable. Hot Seafood Appetizers with crab, shrimp, tomatoes, cheese and a hint of jalapeno. The seafood mixture added to french bread is amazing when toasted to crispy perfection.
Everyone will want the recipe at your next party!
Hot Seafood Appetizers-
Oh, how I love canapés as an appetizer. They are great for parties or just to enjoy as a side or brunch. These have such a wonderful balance with the cheese, crab, shrimp, and jalapenos which adds great flavor. Once baked the bread gets crunchy and everything is so creamy it just melts in your mouth, a wonderful experience I tell you.
(P.S. This is an older recipe I created a video for.. Hope you are enjoying our short videos.)
How to make Seafood Appetizers-
- Slice french bread.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the seafood appetizer mixture in a bowl.
- Then spread the mixture onto the bread slices.
- Bake until bread is crispy and the cheese and mixture is fully cooked.
Can I make seafood appetizers in advance?
These canapes (open-faced sandwiches) are wonderful to prepare in advance. Slice the bread even up to one day in advance if you are making these for a party. Prepare the mixture and keep covered and refrigerate, then, just mix before baking.
I like to make a recipe and have these for my husband for breakfast for a few days. They are easy to make in the morning when you are pressed for time. The mixed mixture will keep refrigerated up to 3 days.
Can I freeze the leftover seafood mixture?
Yes! The mixture freezes great. Just partially thaw the frozen mixture before baking and add 2-3 minutes to cook time to the original bake time.
If you make these Seafood Appetizers, don’t forget to share and tag us on social media. We love to see your creations. #ValentinasCorner
Hot Seafood Appetizers
- Slice French bread into about 22-24 slices.
- Chop crab meat, shrimp, jalapeno, scallion, tomatoes, and dill. (Be sure to chop jalapeno into really small pieces.)
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan cheese, shredded cheese, and seasonings. (Add cayenne to taste. I really like food with a kick to it so I add some cayenne pepper to the tops of the canapés as well.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Spread over the bread slices.
- Bake in preheated oven to 365°F about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.