The recipe for these canapes (open-faced sandwiches) is pretty remarkable. Crab and shrimp added with tomatoes and cheese and a hint of jalapeno and toasted – soo good. Everyone will want the recipe at your next party!
Oh how I love canapés (or just sandwiches as we Ukrainians like to call them). They are great for parties or just to enjoy as a side or brunch. These have such a wonderful balance with the cheese, crab, shrimp and jalapenos that add great flavor. Once baked and the bread gets crunchy and everything is so creamy and just melts in your mouth, a wonderful experience I tell you.
These were inspired by the Crab Dip and Seafood Phyllo Cups. If you like Canapes as much as I do, have you tried the Chicken and Mushroom Canapes or the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G Spinach Mushroom Artichoke Canapes? I think it is safe to say I LOVE CANAPES:)>… Enjoy my friends.. 🙂
(P.S. This is an older recipe I created a video for.. Hope you are enjoying our short videos. What video would you like next?.)
4 oz crab meat
1 cup chopped ready shrimped
1 large jalapeno (2 small)
2 Tbsp scallions (green onion)
6 cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp dill
1 cup shredded cheese
1/3 cup mayo
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Dash of Salt, Pepper, Ground Cayenne pepper
Makes: 24 appetizers (canapes)
1 french bread
Slice French bread into about 22-24 slices.
Chop crab meat, shrimp, jalapeno, scallion, tomatoes and dill. (Be sure to chop jalapeno into really small pieces.)
In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. (Add Cayenne to taste. I really like food with a kick to it so I add some Cayenne pepper to the tops of the canapés as well.)
Combine all of the ingredients.
Spread over the bread slices.
Bake in preheated oven to 365°F about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Canapes (open-faced sandwich) recipe with crab, seafood and cheese. Toasted and served as side or appetizer. So GOOD!
- 4 oz crab meat
- 1 cup chopped ready shrimped
- 1 large jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp scallions (or green onion)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dill
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1 french bread loaf
- Slice French bread into about 22-24 slices.
- Chop crab meat, shrimp, jalapeno, scallion, tomatoes and dill. (Be sure to chop jalapeno into really small pieces.)
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. (Add cayenne to taste. I really like food with a kick to it so I add some cayenne pepper to the tops of the canapés as well.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Spread over the bread slices.
- Bake in preheated oven to 365°F about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.