Recipe for Bacon Tomato Avocado Canapes. Toasted crunchy baguette slices topped with a smooth avocado spread, crispy bacon, and tomatoes.
The perfect recipe for a lazy lunch, brunch with girlfriends or family get-togethers.
My husband travels to different countries on missions trips. Well, the first time he went to Haiti, he came back with a serious love for avocados. He would just each them like they were apples. Grossed me out, LOL. I tried a small piece and nope, not me, but thanks for the generous offer, you’re too kind for words. Fast forward a few years, I love avocados. I am not sure what it is about them and can’t tell you what happened to change my mind but we always have fresh avocados at home now.
One day, I was craving a BLT sandwich and didn’t have lettuce and so I used what I had on hand and that is where these canapes were born. The creaminess of the avocado mixture, spread over toasted bread with crispy bacon and tomatoes will leave you oh so satisfied. Like for reals! Prepare to be WOWED by this Bacon Tomato Avocado Canapes recipe. 🙂
NOTE: This is one of the very first recipes I posted, I am just adding a video to it and bumping the post up. Can you tell which pictures are from the original post and which are new? What a different experience makes (not that I’m saying I’m such a professional now, not at all.). :0)
How to Make Bacon Tomato Avocado Canapes:
These avocado canapes are so easy to make.
- Slice bread and toast until crispy. Cool bread.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook. Cool completely before adding to canapes.
- Prepare creamy avocado spread by combining the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, and cream cheese.
- Slice tomatoes.
- To assemble; generously spread avocado on the toast, add few slices of tomatoes and bacon pieces.
- Enjoy immediately.
NOTE: These don’t do well if prepared in advance as the avocado will brown.
I like to use a small spatula to spread the creamy avocado mixture.
These avocado canapes are great to serve at a potluck or parties as an appetizer.
Other great appetizers to enjoy:
Avocado Bacon and Tomato Canapes
- 12 oz baguette, sliced
- 16 oz bacon, cooked
- 5 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 2 oz cream cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cilantro, optional
- Slice baguette into 24 slices.
- Bake in preheated oven to 365˚F for about 8-10 minutes. Set aside to completely cool.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Combine avocado, cream cheese, lime juice, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the tomato into 4 slices, depending on how large the tomato is.
- Generously spread the creamy avocado mixture onto each slice of baguette.
- Add the tomato slices, about 2 or 3 halves onto each baguette.
- Add bacon pieces. If desired add freshly chopped cilantro or parsley (optional).