This Avocado Egg Tuna Sandwich is one of my favorite open-faced sandwiches. Creamy tuna mixture on crispy garlic French bread topped with avocado, tomato, and egg. The sandwiches are so good and so quick to prepare.
I love the added avocado slices to the tuna sandwich. The inspiration came from our popular Chicken Salad sandwich where avocado is used.
Tuna sandwiches are so easy to make at home. Though I love plain tuna sandwiches, the added avocado with a boiled egg and tomato take this tuna sandwich to a whole new level. The creamy tuna garlic mixture is so easy to prepare and may be stored refrigerated, lasting up to 3 days!
Skipping on the second slice of bread saves so many calories and the taste is still as wonderful. But if you prefer your tuna sandwich with two slices of bread, the results will be just as amazing.
how to make the BEST tuna sandwich-
Making the best creamy tuna sandwich at home and keeping it from going soggy is so easy!
- Toast French bread and rub a garlic clove over the warm slices.
- Prepare tuna mixture by combining the canned tuna, mayonnaise, garlic, oil, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Slice the avocado, tomatoes and boiled eggs.
- Add tuna to cooled toasted bread slices and top with avocado, tomato and egg.
TIP: I love garlic so I add minced garlic to the tuna mixture as well as rubbing garlic over the bread slices. If you aren’t too big of a garlic fan, do one or the other.
NOTE: I love the crunch and flavor onion adds to the tuna. If you don’t like the onion, you can leave it out completely.
BREAD NOTE: If you don’t have French bread, Italian bread sliced thick or your favorite thick sliced bread with work.
easy tuna fish sandwich-
This canned tuna fish sandwich really is amazing. With the added flavors from the avocado, tomatoes and eggs, you feel like you’re eating a 5-star gourmet sandwich that you splurged on.
The sandwiches are not only delicious to make for yourself, but they are also great to make for potlucks or parties! To prepare in advance, combine everything for the tuna mixture, slice the tomatoes, slice the eggs and toast the bread. Then all you have to do is assemble the sandwich before serving and slice the avocado fresh to keep from browning.
Try these other open-faced sandwiches-
- Seafood Appetizers– For seafood lovers.
- Warm Canapes– The perfect way to use up lunch meat.
- Chicken Mushrooms Canapes– Mushroom and chicken, yes!!!.
- Zucchini Appetizer– Fried zucchini topped with garlic mayo and tomatoes.
There are so many tuna recipes out there. I hope you’ll give this easy Avocado Egg Sandwich a try.
Avocado Egg Tuna Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the bread into 10-12 pieces.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is crispy.
- Rub garlic on tops of warm bread slices.
- Mince remaining garlic. Finely chop onion.
- In a bowl combine tuna, mayo, oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and onion until well incorporated.
- Slice the avocado, eggs, and tomatoes.
- Add tuna, avocado, tomatoes and egg to bread slices. Enjoy immediately.