Egg Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe. This salad is everything you’d want in a salad. Chicken with avocado, bacon, eggs and tomatoes in a creamy Dijon mayo dressing. Enjoy the chicken salad in a sandwich, as a side salad or lettuce wraps.
Chicken Salad Recipe-
This Chicken Salad recipe is going to become a favorite. Cooked chicken breast mixed with avocado, eggs, tomatoes, bacon and celery in a creamy Dijon mayo dressing. Impress your guests not only with the flavor but look of the salad as well.
How to make the BEST Chicken Salad?
Making chicken salad at home is so easy, quick and takes no time at all.
- Shred or cube the chicken.
- Cook bacon.
- Finely chop celery.
- Slice or finely chop the red onion.
- Halve or cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut eggs into small pieces or quarter.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Mix everything and serve.
NOTE: The size you cut the ingredients will depend on how you want to serve the chicken salad. If serving in a sandwich cut all of the ingredients really small, if serving in a salad or as lettuce wraps, cut into bigger pieces.
What goes into Chicken Salad?
A classic chicken salad has cooked chicken in it with celery and a Dijon mayonnaise dressing. Chicken salad is very forgiving and additional ingredients may be added to fancy up the salad.
What kind of Chicken goes into Chicken Salad?
Any cooked chicken will work great in a chicken salad. Canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or any other cooked chicken.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
If refrigerated, the salad can last in an airtight container up to 2 days. Don’t add avocado to the salad, add fresh avocado when serving.
Can you Freeze Chicken Salad?
This chicken salad will not do well if frozen.
How to Serve Chicken Salad?
- Serve the chicken salad as a sandwich, in croissants is our favorite.
- Serve as a side salad.
- Serve in lettuce as lettuce wraps.
Try these other SALAD recipes:
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad– Love the combination of colors.
- Broccoli Cabbage Salad– So fresh, easy and healthy!
- Cauliflower Salad Recipe– Unique recipe.
Amazing chicken salad recipe loaded with avocado, eggs, bacon, celery and tomatoes in a Dijon mayo dressing. Enjoy the salad as a sandwich, a side salad or in lettuce wraps.
- 2 (10 oz each) canned chicken breast cans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 boiled eggs, cubed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, mix well.
Combine chicken, tomatoes, red onion, celery, bacon and eggs. Add 3/4 of the dressing and mix. Add avocado and gently toss. If needed, add remaining salad dressing. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.