Egg Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe. This salad is everything you’d want in a salad. Chicken with avocado, bacon, eggs and tomatoes in a creamy Dijon mayo dressing. Enjoy the chicken salad in a sandwich, as a side salad or lettuce wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
chicken salad recipe-
This Chicken Salad recipe is going to become a favorite. Cooked chicken breast mixed with avocado, eggs, tomatoes, bacon and celery in a creamy Dijon mayo dressing. Impress your guests not only with the flavor but look of the salad as well.
how to make the BEST chicken salad?
Making chicken salad at home is so easy, quick and takes no time at all. You most likely already have the ingredients in your refrigerator. WINNER!
- Shred or cube the chicken.
- Cook bacon.
- Finely chop celery.
- Slice or finely chop the red onion.
- Halve or cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut eggs into small pieces or quarter.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Mix everything and serve.
NOTE: The size you cut the ingredients will depend on how you want to serve the chicken salad. If serving in a sandwich cut all of the ingredients really small, if serving in a salad or as lettuce wraps, cut into bigger pieces.
what goes into chicken salad?
A classic chicken salad has cooked chicken in it with celery and a Dijon mayonnaise dressing. Chicken salad is very forgiving and additional ingredients may be added to fancy up the salad.
what kind ofchicken goes into chicken Salad?
Any cooked chicken will work great in a chicken salad. Canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or any other cooked chicken.
how long does chicken salad good for?
If refrigerated, the salad can last in an airtight container up to 2 days. Don’t add avocado to the salad, add fresh avocado when serving.
can you freeze chicken salad?
This chicken salad will not do well if frozen.
how to serve chicken salad?
- Serve the chicken salad as a sandwich, in croissants is our favorite, or your favorite bread may be used.
- Serve as a side salad.
- Serve in lettuce as lettuce wraps.
I hope you absolutely love this chicken salad recipe loaded with egg, avocado and bacon. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments. We love hearing from you. 🙂
Try these other SALAD recipes:
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad– Love the combination of colors.
- Broccoli Cabbage Salad– So fresh, easy and healthy!
- Cauliflower Salad Recipe– Unique recipe.
Avocado Egg Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 (10 oz each) canned chicken breast cans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 boiled eggs, cubed
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, mix well.
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, red onion, celery, bacon and eggs. Add 3/4 of the dressing and mix. Add avocado and gently toss. If needed, add remaining salad dressing. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.