The easiest recipe for Homemade Coleslaw! The salad is so refreshing with crispy shredded cabbage and carrots in a creamy coleslaw dressing that uses staple kitchen ingredients!
How to make Coleslaw recipe?
This is the easiest recipe for salad! It uses ingredients you already have on hand and can be made from start to finish in under 15 minutes!
- Prepare the homemade coleslaw dressing.
- Shred cabbage and grate the carrot.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients, add the dressing and mix to combine.
What is the best cabbage to use?
We used a combination of green and red cabbage for the coleslaw. You can definitely use just green cabbage if that is all you have on hand.
You’ll want to shred the cabbage with a mandolin slicer for even and thin slices (and a julienne slicer for the carrots)!
You can make this coleslaw recipe in advance, especially if you’ll be hosting a party!
- Make the salad dressing and keep in a mason jar. Prep the salad and keep unmixed in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, combine the salad with the dressing and serve!
How long will coleslaw keep?
Once mixed, the coleslaw may be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. The dressing may sink to the bottom of the salad, just mix the salad before serving.
Can you freeze coleslaw?
Because cabbage tends to lose its crispiness if frozen, we don’t recommend freezing this coleslaw recipe!
I love a good salad that worlds for a lazy dinner or a big party or barbecue gathering. This coleslaw recipe is just that and it’s always a hit!
This cabbage slaw is the perfect salad to bring to potlucks and parties and always a hit!
Other SALADS to try:
- Taco Salad– with Doritos.
- Pasta Salad– tossed in an amazing dressing.
- Fresh Tomato Salad– with easy dressing.
- Macaroni Salad– another party favorite.
- Cucumber Salad– with a tangy dressing.
Homemade Coleslaw Recipe (with Coleslaw Dressing)
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 large carrot grated or julienned
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
NOTE: This recipe was developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.