This classic Cucumber Salad Recipe is so EASY to make. Crispy cucumbers in a tangy homemade dressing with herbs and garlic.
Though the salad can be made all year round, it’s a summertime favorite.
Thinly sliced fresh cucumbers with onions, fresh herbs and garlic in a creamy tangy homemade dressing. The combination of oil and mayo with the acidity from the vinegar, fresh dill and garlic make for an amazing dressing for the cucumber salad.
I love that the cucumbers salad is so easy to make and uses staple ingredients you most likely already have on hand. It’s the perfect side salad for Beef Stroganoff or juicy Grilled Thighs during grilling season.
How to make a cucumber salad?
I love how easy this cucumber salad is yet so refreshing – perfect for a quick salad.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mayo, garlic, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Slice cucumbers and onion into thin slices.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and onion and mix to combine.
Can you make the salad in advance?
Yes, this is a great salad to make in advance. Slice the cucumbers, cover and keep refrigerated. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the salad. Mix the salad before serving.
What is the best cucumber to use?
English cucumber is great to use all year round. During the summer we like regular cucumbers (pickling cucumbers). If using regular cucumbers, you’ll need four of them. You can also use 6 mini cucumbers.
WHAT ONIONS SHOULD I USE?
We used red onion for the salad and love the flavor they give the salad. Swee onion works just as great in this salad.
I hope this crispy and refreshing cucumber salad with the homemade dressing will become a favorite with your family!
Cucumber Salad Recipe with the BEST dressing
- 2 english cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Add the cucumbers and onions into a salad bowl. Pour the dressing in and toss to combine.