This Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs recipe is an easy recipe with the perfect marinade for grilled chicken thighs. The thighs become so juicy and so tender once marinated and grilled. These thighs will become favorite meat to throw on the grill for kids and adults alike.
Pin this to your entree board HERE!
The season for grilled chicken
We have four seasons where we live (our beautiful Ohio). One of the best things that we look forward to when winter ends is grilling foods in the warmer weather. Once spring hits, our grill comes out and is ready for all the delicious grilling recipes. We love to grill burgers (because who doesn’t), grilled chicken kabobs or even grilled corn on the cob. This grilled chicken thighs recipe is going to become a regular dish on your grilling menu!
Grilled chicken thighs
Grilled chicken thighs have to be my favorite meat to grill. Since the thighs have a bit of excess fat, it helps prevent the thighs from burning and drying out. If marinated correctly, chicken thighs are wonderful on the grill. These thighs are so juicy and flavorful once cooked on the grill. Key to the perfect grilled chicken thighs is making sure to not overcook the thighs.
Can I taste the mayo from the marinade?
No! You will not have a mayo taste to the thighs, mayo acts as a tenderizer and it does its job. 🙂 The remaining ingredients balance the marinade and it’s the perfect marinade.
How to make the perfect chicken thigh marinade?
Having the right marinade for your chicken thighs is so important. Giving the chicken some time to marinade is just as important.
- Cut chicken thighs in half (if desired).
- Prepare marinade and slice onions.
- Combine everything and set aside to marinade.
- Grill 3-5 minutes per side, depending on the size of chicken pieces.
Check out some great grilling tools for the grilling season at our Amazon shop HERE! We so appreciate you!
Other recipes to try on the grill:
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs- grilled chicken with a hint of lime.
- Grilled Chicken Kebabs– grilled chicken with a herb, mayo and oil marinade.
- Grilled Tender Pork Kebabs- grilled pork kebabs.
Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp lime, fresh
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 3 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- Trim off excess fat on thighs and cut meat into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, oil, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pour mixture over thighs, add sliced onions and mix everything. Cover bowl and keep refrigerated 4 – 12 hours.
- Grill thighs on medium/high heat 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the pieces).