This Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs recipe is an easy recipe with the perfect marinade for grilled chicken thighs. The thighs become so juicy and tender once marinated and grilled, they’ll become your favorite meat to throw on the grill during grilling season (along with kabobs).
grilled chicken thighs-
We definitely prefer chicken thighs over chicken breast for grilling. The meat turns out so tender and juicy and retains the juiciness, keeping the thighs from drying. This marinade for the thighs with mayo, oil, lime and seasonings is perfect.
TIP: The thighs can be marinated two hours in advance or overnight, making these thighs great for busy parties that you can prep for the night before.
how to grill chicken thighs-
These thighs come together so quickly and make for a great recipe.
- Prepare the marinade by combining the mayo, oil, lime, garlic and seasonings.
- Trim off excess fat and cut thighs in half. In a bowl, mix the thighs with onions.
- Add marinade and mix to combine.
- Grill chicken until crispy and cooked through, about 4-5 per side (depending on the thickness of meat). NOTE: Since the meat isn’t cut into small pieces, you don’t even need to add the meat to skewers, though you can if desired.
can I taste the mayo from the marinade?
No! You cannot taste mayo in the meat, it just acts as a tenderizer and it does its job well. 🙂 The remaining ingredients balance the marinade and it’s the perfect marinade for chicken thighs.
how to use leftover grilled chicken thighs-
If you have leftover chicken thighs they can be used for other recipes such as:
- flatbreads– perfect for add to a flatbread for a quick lunch.
- salad– the meat can be added to just about any salad, we love it with this Copycat salad recipe.
- sandwich- add the chicken to a sandwich or grilled cheese.
- pasta- make a quick pasta dinner with the chicken.
Grilling is by far one of my favorite methods of cooking, especially during the summer. The food turns out great and is usually simple to make. These thighs are definitely a family favorite and so good!
Other recipes to try on the grill:
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs- grilled chicken with a hint of lime.
- Grilled Chicken Kebabs– grilled chicken with a herb, mayo and oil marinade.
- Grilled Tender Pork Kebabs- grilled pork kebabs.
Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Trim off excess fat on thighs and cut thighs in half.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, oil, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add sliced to thighs and mix. Pour marinade mixture over thighs and mix until thighs are coated.
- Allow thighs to marinate at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Grill the chicken thighs on medium/high heat 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the pieces).
- Squeeze fresh lime over thighs before serving.