This homemade Grilled Chicken Teriyaki is that recipe the whole family will enjoy! Chicken marinated until tender and juicy in a homemade Teriyaki Sauce then grilled to perfection – so good!
GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE-
With just 2 simple ingredients, you can have this amazing chicken ready to enjoy in no time! The smoky grilled flavors combined with the teriyaki sauce marinade makes for a great teriyaki chicken that’s grilled.
This delicious sweet and savory chicken dinner is so easy and makes and great for a weeknight dinner.
This recipe is a spin off the classic Chicken Teriyaki recipe.
All you need is just 2 simple ingredients to make this homemade Grilled Chicken Teriyaki!
- Chicken– For this recipe, you can use boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs – we prefer chicken thighs!
- Teriyaki Sauce– We use our simple and flavor-packed teriyaki sauce! You can also use store bought teriyaki sauce for a short cut, the Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce is a great option.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN-
All you need to do is throw everything together, marinate and grill!
- Combine– Add the chicken and teriyaki sauce into a bowl or plastic bag and toss the combine.
- Marinate– Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes at room temp!
- Grill Chicken– Once ready to grill, allow the chicken to sit at room temp while preparing the grill.
- Prep Grill– Preheat the grill to 400°F, clean and prep the grill.
- Cook Chicken– Add the chicken to the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Coat In Sauce– With a pastry brush, brush some of the leftover sauce from the marinade onto the chicken and grill an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve– Remove from the grill and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
Note: After brushing the chicken with the leftover sauce, discard the rest of the sauce since raw chicken was marinating in it. If you want more teriyaki sauce for dipping or extra drizzling before serving, make an extra portion of the sauce, or a half portion!
There are many different ways to serve this delicious grilled chicken teriyaki chicken. Here are some great sides to enjoy this chicken recipe with:
Chicken Teriyaki Bowls– Teriyaki bowls are a great option for lunch, dinner or for meal prepping!
- Add steamed rice and vegetables (like broccoli) into a bowl with the teriyaki chicken and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you want to completely cool the teriyaki sauce, or it will start the cooking process of the chicken!
Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours covered in the refrigerator!
Yes! You can use an indoor grill if you have one or cook on the stove top using a grilling pan.
Store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Reheat in the air fryer, oven, or microwave until reheated!
You want to use about 1 ½ cups of teriyaki sauce.
MORE GRILLING RECIPES-
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Sausage Recipe
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
prepare teriyaki sauce-
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and cook on medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
marinate the chicken-
- Add the chicken thighs and the cooled teriyaki sauce into a bowl or plastic bag and toss the combine.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes at room temp!
grill teriyaki chicken-
- Preheat the grill to 400°F, clean and prep the grill.
- Add the chicken to the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- With a pastry brush, brush some of the leftover sauce from the marinade onto the chicken and grill an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy as desired.