The perfect juicy and tender grilled vegetable recipe, perfect for grilling season. Fresh peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and onion in the best marinade will be a great side to any protein.
I love making these grilled veggies for a side dish. The vegetables are so easy to make and complete just about any entree you will be serving them with!
The smokiness from the grill adds so much flavor to the vegetables, nothing beats grilling veggies. I love that they are still crispy but so flavorful from the marinade.
WHAT VEGETABLES TO USE-
You can use just about any vegetables on the grill as long as they cut about the same size. Here are some of our favorite veggies to use for this recipe:
- Bell pepper
- Corn on the cob
- Yellow squash
HOW TO CUT THE VEGGIES-
You can cut the vegetable into slices, chunks, or wedges. Whatever your personal preference is will work! You want all the vegetables to be the same size so that they cook through evenly.
GRILLED VEGETABLES MARINADE-
The key to the BEST grilled veggies is the type of marinade you use. We use a simple yet delicious marinade with classic kitchen ingredients. All you need is oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika for a great marinade. You want your vegetables to marinate for at least 25-30 minutes but up to 8 hours. You can also change up the spices to your favorite spices!
HOW TO GRILL VEGETABLES-
You can grill your veggies using several different methods. Choose your method and give these EASY grilled veggies a try!
- Rinse and cut your veggies. Prepare the marinade.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl and toss with the marinade. Marinate for about 30 minutes or up to 8 hours, keep tightly covered.
- Grill the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes per side or until they reach the desired tenderness.
- Serve and enjoy!
- ON THE GRILL– We went with this method, just add the vegetables straight onto the grill.
- SKEWERS– Wooden or metal grilling skewers may be used. Just add the veggies onto the skewers and grill. (Tip: If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water so they don’t burn.)
- BASKET– You can use THIS grill basket and add the veggies into the basket and grill until cooked.
|Chef’s tip: Regardless which method of grilling you use, if you are mixing vegetables and some need more time to cook, add those first.|
Serve grilled veggies with-
This grilled vegetables recipe makes for the BEST side dish.
- SIDE DISH– Serve these veggies as a side dish with your Sausages or with Grilled Shrimp.
- SALAD– Grill your vegetables and chop the vegetables and add to a salad.
- PASTA– Add the grilled veggies to pasta with homemade Alfredo sauce for a pasta dinner.
More grilling recipes:
Grilled Vegetable (with Best Marinade)
- Cut the zucchini, red pepper and red onion.
- Prepare marinade by whisking together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and paprika.
- Add the vegetables into a large bowl and pour the marinade over the vegetables. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, add the vegetables onto the grill. Cook the veggies for about 8-10 minutes (about 4-5 minutes per side). Cook until the vegetables are browned and reach desired tenderness.
- Add the vegetables into a serving bowl and top with fresh chopped greens for serving.