Grilled Chicken Kabobs recipe with the best and easiest creamy oil and herbs marinade. The marinade gives kabobs so much flavors and they become so tender and juicy. Perfect for summer grilling.
grilled chicken kabobs-
Whenever you think of grilling, summer comes to come with warmer weather and the grill in use all the time, right? For me it does. These grilled chicken kabobs are our go-to recipe for grilling chicken. The marinade is so amazing and acts as a tenderizer for the meat adding so much flavor to the chicken.
what vegetables can be grilled with chicken kabobs-
Any vegetables may be used, we like red onion, pepper, mushroom or zucchini. This marinade is fantastic, the kabobs become so juicy, tender and full of flavor with a hint of the right ingredients doing your taste buds a happy dance. The vegetables may be grilled separately (though marinated together), they require a little less grilling and won’t be burnt this way:).
how to make chicken kabobs-
Chicken kabobs are one of the easiest recipes for grilling. They are so forgiving, are quick to prepare and make for the perfect lunch or dinner.
MARINADE: Prepare the marinade by combining the mayonnaise with oil, the chopped herbs, salt pepper and seasonings.
CHICKEN: Cut the chicken into even 1” pieces, so they cook evenly. Add the chicken pieces to a bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken and mix to coat.
GRILL: Grill the kabobs 12-15 minutes, turning as needed. Don’t OVERCOOK kabobs.
TIP: If you have pieces that are a bit uneven in sizes, keep the same sized pieces on the same skewer for even cooking.
what to marinade chicken kabobs in-
It’s always a good idea to marinate chicken before grilling. Though you can just season poultry with your favorite seasoning and grill, marinades enhance the flavors, add so much juiciness and keep the meat from drying and becoming rubbery.
what temperature to grill the kabobs at?
You want to grill chicken over medium heat to get that perfect sear and juicy meat. You don’t want to overcook the meat, chicken just needs 5-6 minutes per side when grilling. If you overbake the chicken, the kabobs will be dry and unpleasant.
Give these easy chicken kabobs a try! You’ll love the combination of flavors. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below, we love hearing from you.
Other popular recipes for grilling season:
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs– Another great grilled chicken.
- Grilled Buffalo Ranch Chicken– Grilled chicken in a spicy ranch marinade.
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs– Soft and tender chicken thighs.
- Grilled Pork Kebabs– The best pork kebabs.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken breast or thighs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup canola or olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ fresh lemon lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut chicken into 1” pieces. Same with vegetable (mushrooms can be used whole).
- Finely chop herbs (as fine as you can get them). In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Combine marinade, chicken and vegetables, mix well. Cover dish and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Prepare kabobs by skewering pieces of chicken then veggies.
- Grill over medium heat, turning as needed until chicken is thoroughly cooked (about 12-15 minutes, depending on grill and heat).