Easy recipe for Grilled Chicken Wings that are crispy and charred on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. Chicken wings marinated in a simple homemade marinade and then grilled to crispy perfection!
best GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE-
We love the flavor of grilled wings and how easy they are to make! The wings are tender and juicy with a crispy charred taste, SO GOOD! These grilled wings are going to become your new favorite wing recipe. The marinade is so easy to make and gives you just flavorful wings.
All you need is just a few simple ingredients and you can have your wings marinating in no time!
- Wings– You can use either fresh or frozen chicken wings. If you are using frozen wings, just be sure they are thawed before preparing this recipe.
- Chicken Marinade– For the marinade, we use our easy Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe but you can use any of your favorite marinades.
Although these chicken wings are so delicious just plain, you can also make these with your favorite wings sauces! You can make your own wings sauce or buy wing sauces at your local grocery store. Here are some of our favorite dipping sauce ideas to use:
- Asian Zing
- Mild (Buffalo sauce)
- BBQ sauce
- Garlic Parmesan
- Louisiana Lickers
- Honey BBQ
Serve alongside Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing with celery sticks and carrots.
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN WINGS-
With just a few steps, you can have your chicken wings on the grill! Check out our Grilled Chicken Marinade post for all the details on the marinade, marinate time, and more!
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings and place in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Toss the chicken wings with the oil and then toss in the seasoning blend until all the chicken is coated and allow the chicken to marinate.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F and clean and prep the grill. Add the chicken wings to the grill and grill until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the wings from the grill and serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
There are so many different ways to enjoy these wings! Here are some of our favorite sides to enjoy with these wings:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should read 165°F.
We do not recommend freezing the grilled chicken wings.
Reheat the wings in the air fryer, toaster oven, oven, or microwave.
You can marinate the wings for up to 2 days!
Yes! These wings are great in the air fryer! Just use our Air Fryer Recipe.
MORE GRILLING RECIPES-
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Vegetables
- Sausage Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Corn on the Cob with Spread
Chicken Wings on the Grill
- 2 lbs chicken wings, thawed
- In a bowl, combine all the seasoning for the chicken marinade; the salt, garlic, paprika, onion and Italian seasoning.
- Pat the chicken wings to dry and add into a large bowl or plastic bag. Toss the chicken in the oil and then in the seasoning mixtue.
- Marinate the chicken wings for atleast 30 minutes.
- Clean and prep the grill to 350°F.
- Once heated, add the chicken wings to the grill and cook for about 20 minutes. Be sure to flip every 5-10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the grill and serve with desired sauces. Enjoy!