Homemade Crispy BAKED Chicken Wings Recipe! The wings become so CRISPY and crunchy on the outside while juicy and tender on the inside, you’d never know they weren’t deep-fried. The best part, they are so much healthier and easier to make than traditional fried wings.
Once you give these chicken wings a try, you will never want to order wings at a restaurant again! You’ll make these for game day and as an appetizer for all of your parties.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoy this video recipe tutorial for How to make Baked Chicken Wings. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. 🙂
However, chicken wings hold a special place in my heart, ha! Wings are always a huge hit as an appetizer or side for parties and gatherings.
baked chicken wings-
This baked chicken wings recipe is going to become a HIT! We are completely skipping all the frying. But don’t let that stop you from making the wings, they taste JUST AS AMAZING as fried wings – you’ll feel less guilty about not having any self-control, ha!
Seasoned crispy and crunchy wings ready in under an hour with like a 5-minute prep time! Winner recipe!
how do you make oven-baked crispy chicken wings?
- Pat chicken completely dry. You can use a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and coat with the seasoning and baking powder.
- Layout the chicken onto a baking rack.
- Bake wings until crispy to touch, about 45-55 minutes, depending on the size of the wings and your oven.
- If you will be using a sauce for the wings, prepare whatever sauce.
- Coat the wings generously in the sauce and ENJOY!
CHEF’S TIP: You want to prep your baking sheet. Line the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup (you’ll thank me later). Place an oven-safe cooling rack inside the baking sheet. This is KEY to getting really crispy wings on all sides. Don’t forget to grease the rack with spray or oil.
|The SECRET to the crispy baked wings is making sure you remove all the moisture from the chicken and using baking powder. Pat the chicken wings with a paper towel until the wings are completely dry and season well on all sides.|
tips how to make crispy baked wings-
This recipe for baked wings is SO easy!. We share some tips and tricks and answer some frequently asked questions to ensure you get the BEST baked wings every time.
- PAT DRY- Your wings must be completely (and I mean completely) dry before you season them.
- Can I use frozen wings? No! Never use frozen wings, make sure they are completely thawed before using. They’ll burn on the outside and be uncooked on the inside.
- How long do you bake chicken wings? The size of the wings will slightly alter the baking time for the wings. Normally, wings need 45-55 minutes at high temperatures for a crispy finish.
- How long does it take to bake wings at 400˚F and 425˚F– We don’t recommend baking wings at a temp lower than 400 degrees as the skin will not be as crispy. Baking over 425 degrees, your wings will become too dry and if they are large, slightly undercooked inside.
what goes with chicken wings?
If you want to serve chicken wings as a meal, french fries are a good option. If you want to serve the wings as an appetizer, here are some great options to serve with chicken wings:
- Ranch or Blue Cheese (as a dip)
- Veggies (carrots, celery, cucumbers)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Zucchini Fries
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, thawed
- Completely pat the chicken wings until dry.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Toss the chicken wings with the seasoning.
- Add the chicken wings onto the baking rack.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken wings and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the skin is crispy.