Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. This buffalo chicken dip inspired by buffalo wings is the perfect dip for parties! Chicken with Green yogurt, bleu cheese, cream cheese and shredded cheddar, baked to creamy perfection.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic appetizer for parties. It tastes just like buffalo chicken wings but served as a dip. The cheesy and creamy chicken dip can either be baked in the oven or made in a slow cooker.
The classic dip typically includes cream cheese, shredded cheddar, Ranch dressing, cooked chicken, and Franks Hot sauce. I like to add my personal touch with Greek yogurt and bleu cheese. The yogurt adds creaminess to the dip and the bleu cheese gives it a kick of flavor!
TIPS How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Be sure your cream cheese is softened and at room temperature so it beats and isn’t lumpy and will melt during the baking.
- Use a block of cheese and grate, the cheese performs better, optional.
- The dip can be prepared ahead of time, even the night before. Keep dip covered and refrigerated. Add 5 minutes baking time since dip will be cold if made ahead of time.
- Crumble chicken with a mixer before adding remaining ingredients.
- Beat all of the ingredients together with a mixer it will ensure even creaminess and flavors.
What kind of chicken can I use?
For this easy chicken buffalo dip, you can use any kind of chicken. Rotisserie, canned chicken, leftover chicken or freshly boiled chicken will all work and provide great results.
Can buffalo chicken dip be reheated?
Yes, the dip tastes great reheated. Cover dish with foil and reheat.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crockpot?
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix to incorporate. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cook on low heat 2 hours or until creamy, melted and bubbling.
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
The Buffalo Chicken dip may be served with so many different sides. Our favorite is bagels crisps and vegetables. Dip may also be served with:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bagels crisps
- Plain chips or tortilla chips
Be original, use the chicken dip and make a sandwich between buns or in lettuce as lettuce wraps. Add dip between tortillas for chicken quesadillas (SEE HERE),
I hope you love Chicken Buffalo Dip. Don’t forget to tag us on social media. We love to see your creations.
Use this casserole dish when you make this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe!
This is an updated old post.
Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe inspired by buffalo wings is the perfect dip for parties! Chicken with Green yogurt, bleu cheese, cream cheese and shredded cheddar baked to creamy perfection.
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 1/2 pkgs), room temp.
- 2/3 cup Red Hot sauce
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cans cooked chicken breasts (12 oz), drained
Preheat oven to 355°F.
Combine all the ingredients with a mixer. Transfer to a baking dish.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated thoroughly an dip is bubbling.