This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Sliders will quickly become a family favorite! Juicy shredded chicken tossed in hot sauce sandwiched in between soft and fluffy Hawaiian buns loaded with cheese – the ultimate sliders recipe.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDER RECIPE-
Shredded chicken tossed in Ranch and hot sauce combined with shredded cheese and Hawaiian rolls is the perfect combo! These delicious sliders are inspired by the classic Buffalo Chicken Dip, you are going to love these sliders.
These sliders are so easy to make and come together in no time!
- Hawaiian Buns– We love using these Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for this recipe. You can use any of your favorite dinner rolls.
- Chicken– This recipe calls for shredded chicken, we use our Classic Shredded Chicken recipe. You can also just use any leftover chicken and shred it.
- Ranch– Your favorite Ranch dressing will work, or use Homemade Ranch.
- Hot Sauce– For the best flavor, we use the classic Frank’s Buffalo wing sauce. You can substitute for your favorite hot sauce.
- Seasoning– For the seasoning, we just use the classic salt and pepper.
- Cheese– Any shredded cheese works great for this recipe. Colby jack, cheddar cheese, Mexican blend, or any other shredded cheese may be used.
- Butter Topping– For the butter topping, we use melted unsalted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SLIDERS-
With just 10 minutes of prep time, you can have these sliders baking in no time!
- Chicken Mixture– Prepare a recipe for shredded chicken. In a bowl, add shredded chicken, Ranch dressing, hot sauce, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- Cut rolls– Cut the dinner rolls in half and remove the top of the rolls. Add the bottom of the rolls to a 9×13 casserole dish or baking sheet.
- Add mixture– Spread the shredded chicken mixture over the dinner rolls. Top with shredded cheese and close with the top buns.
- Brush tops– With a pastry brush, brush the tops of the buns with the garlic butter mixture.
- Bake– Cover with foil and bake until buns are golden and cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve with a side of pickles, celery sticks, and coleslaw. For the dipping sauce, we love the sliders with Ranch dressing or Blue cheese.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! These are great to make ahead of time. Make these up to bake time and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days ahead of time.
We do not recommend freezing these sliders.
No, if you want to cube or cut the chicken into thin strands if you don’t want to shred the chicken.
Yes! These work great in the toaster oven, just bake until warmed and the cheese melts.
Yes! If you prefer blue cheese dressing over Ranch, you can use it instead.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES-
- Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- Classic Grilled Cheese
- Italian Sub Sandwich
- Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Make a recipe for shredded chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, Ranch dressing, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the shredded chicken mixture over the rolls. Top with shredded cheese and close with the top buns.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the garlic butter mixture with a pastry brush. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake at 350°F covered 15 minutes then uncovered for 5 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!