This is the best recipe for the BBQ Crockpot Pulled Chicken! Chicken breast is slow-cooked in a tangy barbecue sauce, making the juiciest chicken. This slow cooker recipe is the ultimate comfort food and perfect for busy weeknights!
CROCKPOT BBQ CHICKEN-
This pulled chicken recipe is so easy to make. Just 5 minutes of prep time and the crockpot does the rest of the work! The chicken breast becomes tender and juicy and the sweet and tangy bbq sauce brings this recipe together. This chicken is BEST served between sandwich buns and creamy coleslaw, so good.
Check out our Instant Pot Pulled Chicken where we make pulled chicken with a white sauce rather than bbq sauce.
With just a few basic ingredients you can have this delicious dish slow cooking in no time!
- Chicken– You want to use boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Onion– We love adding finely chopped onion to the barbecue mixture for more flavor.
- Garlic– You cannot go wrong with freshly minced garlic! You can also use garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic on hand.
- Seasoning– For the seasoning, we use salt, paprika, and chili powder. You can also add your favorite seasonings.
- Brown Sugar– We love adding brown sugar to this dish, giving the sauce a sweet yet tangy taste.
- Hot Sauce– We add sriracha to this recipe for a slight kick, if you do not like spicy you can leave it out!
- BBQ– Use your favorite barbecue sauce for this recipe. We love Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce.
HOW TO MAKE PULLED CHICKEN-
- Sauce– In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, seasonings, brown sugar, hot sauce, and barbecue sauce.
- Combine– Add the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and pour the barbecue mixture over the chicken breast.
- Cook– Close the lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4, or until the chicken breast is cooked.
- Shred– Remove the chicken from the crockpot and with two forks shred apart the chicken. Add back into the crockpot and mix to combine with the bbq sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE-
There are several different ways that you can serve this bbq pulled chicken! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich– Traditional way on a bun with homemade coleslaw.
- Quesadillas– Add chicken to tortillas with cheese and make a spicy chicken quesadilla.
- Salad– Use as a topping for a cobb salad.
- Tacos– Make chicken tacos by adding other favorite toppings.
- Wraps– Make lettuce wraps with them.
- Pasta– Add to cooked pasta for a quick, easy dinner.
- Sliders– Make pull-apart cheesy sliders with the meat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should read 165°F.
Refrigerate leftover chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
To reheat, just add the chicken to a skillet and cook on low heat until warm (add more barbecue if needed). You can also reheat the chicken in the oven until warm.
Yes, you can substitute the chicken breast for boneless chicken thighs. You can also use both chicken breast and chicken thighs together.
Yes! Make the shredded chicken up to 2 days ahead of time and just reheat it in the oven before serving.
Yes! This chicken freezes great! Once the pulled chicken is cooled, add it to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat.
MORE CROCK POT RECIPES-
- Potato Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- BBQ Crockpot Roast
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
BBQ Crockpot Pulled Chicken
- Place chicken into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, chopped onion, paprika, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and barbecue.
- Spread the barbecue mixture over the chicken.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 hours on high, or 6-7 hours on low.
- Once the chicken is cooked, with two forks pull apart the chicken into thin strands. Mix in with the barbecue.
- Serve as desired and enjoy.