This amazing BBQ Crockpot Roast is so easy to make. The flavors of the fall-apart tender beef with the tangy sauce is amazing and will become a favorite. With 10-minute prep time, this is the perfect family dinner.
If you’re looking to add vegetables to your beef, try our Slow Cooker Beef & Vegetables.
You can’t go wrong with a good Crockpot Roast Recipe and this one is just that. Chunks of beef cooked in a Slow Cooker. The meat is seasoned and cooked with onions, butter and garlic. The ingredients are so simple and minimal, the outcome is mouthwatering. Once the beef is tender and oh so juicy, the meat is removed and coated in tangy BBQ sauce and broiled until crispy. SO GOOD!
how to cook pot roast?
- Cut the beef into about 1 1/2″ – 2″ pieces.
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika. Season meat and toss to combine.
- Slice the garlic and onion. Slice the butter.
- Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves and butter over the beef.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the sauce.
- Remove meat from the Crockpot and transfer to a baking dish (like this one).
- Generously coat with sauce and broil in the oven until meat is crispy.
NOTE: Because you’ll be transferring the meat and broiling in the oven, you don’t need to sear the meat for a crispy finish before adding it to the Crockpot.
If you’re looking for a Crockpot, this is the one we use. 🙂
how long do you cook a pot roast in a slow cooker?
Pot roast is the perfect meal to throw together and allow to cook all day in the slow cooker. Throw everything together in the morning and allow the Crockpot to do the remaining work. SO EASY!
- The pot roast will need to be cooked on low for 6-8 hours, or 4-5 hours on high (until tender).
how to season crockpot roast?
A flavorful pot roast is best when it’s seasoned properly. I love that this roast uses minimal ingredients for the seasonings but still has mouthwatering results. The flavors from the seasoned meat, combined with the tangy sauce is perfect. You can add additional seasonings if desired. However, they really aren’t necessary – this is so good just the way it is!
what to serve with pot roast?
pot roast leftovers-
If you have any leftover meat, break it apart with a fork and refrigerate it. Reheat the meat and enjoyed pulled beef sandwiches.
I can’t wait for you to give this easy recipe a try. You’ll be so impressed with the Crockpot Roast, the BBQ sauce will definitely surprise you.
PLEASE leave us feedback in the comments below if you try the recipe, we so appreciate it. 🙂
Try these other CROCKPOT recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast– with potatoes and carrots.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Crockpot Recipe– the best-pulled chicken sandwich recipe!
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas– when craving Mexican.
BBQ Crockpot Roast
- 3 lbs chuck roast (beef), 2" cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's)
- ¼ cup A1 steak sauce, or favorite steak sauce
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce, any brand
- Cut meat into 1 ½” – 2” pieces.
- Slice garlic and onion. Slice butter
- Add meat in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add onions and garlic, butter and bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 4-5 hours (until meat is tender).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all of the ingredients.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and add to a baking dish. Generously coat with sauce.
- Broil at 450°F until meat is crispy.