This copycat recipe for PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef is so easy to make! Crispy yet tender beef slices with veggies in a sweet and savory homemade Mongolian beef sauce.
This hearty 30-minute dish Asian dish is just as good as you’d order at the restaurant, yet so easy to make.
EASY PF CHANGS MONGOLIAN BEEF-
This easy Mongolian beef recipe is a copycat recipe from the famous P.F. Chang’s restaurant. It’s so much easier than you thought and tastes just as you’d expect when ordering at the restaurant.
Thinly sliced steak with sauteed carrots and bell peppers in a sweet and spicy Mongolian beef sauce.
HOW TO MAKE MONGOLIAN BEEF-
This recipe comes together so quickly so it’s best to have your side of rice ready to serve. We love using our baked rice in the recipe and start it in advance so it’s done at the same time.
- CUT VEGETABLES– Julienne the carrot and pepper and slice the green onion.
- SLICE THE BEEF-Slice the beef into thin slices across the grain. Tip: Freeze the meat for 30 minutes so it’s easier to achieve thin slices.
- CORNSTARCH– Add cornstarch to the beef slices and toss until completely coated.
- SAUCE– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Mongolian beef sauce.
- SAUTE VEGGIES– In a skillet, saute the vegetables to your desired doneness. Remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- COOK MEAT– Cook the beef slices until crispy and seared, do NOT overcook the meat. Once the meat is cooked add the vegetables back to the beef.
- ADD SAUCE– Pour the sauce into the skillet and add in the green onion. Turn the heat down to medium/low and cook until the sauce thickens.
|Chef’s tip: If you like your food with a little more heat, add more Sriracha to the sauce.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
We do not recommend freezing this dish.
Yes, just follow along with the recipe with either chicken breast or chicken thighs.
If you want your sauce to be thicker, just add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the sauce.
Just cook over low heat in a skillet until reheated.
Flank steak is best for the recipe. However, you can easily use top sirloin or top round steak as a substitute with great results.
Authentic Mongolian Beef is made with extra green onion. You can easily leave out the carrot and pepper. However, we love the extra flavor the veggies give the dish.
Other Asian-inspired Recipes:
Asian-inspired recipes are on our menu at least once a week, we absolutely love the cuisine. Here are some other family-favorites:
PF Changs Mongolian Beef (Copycat recipe)
Mongolian Beef Ingredients-
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp oil divided
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup green onions thickly sliced from 4 stems
- Place beef slices in a bowl, add cornstarch and stir to completely coat.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and stir until well combined, set aside.
- Julienne the carrot and pepper, slice the onions. Thinly slice the beef into bite-sized strips.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil with 1 Tbsp butter over med/high heat. Add the carrot and peppers, saute to desired tenderness. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil add the beef and cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the vegetables back into the skillet with the green onion.
- Pour the sauce and stir to combine. Turn heat to medium/low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.