This Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe is going to rock your world. The basmati rice with chicken and vegetables is a combination you will make over and over! Once you try this fried rice, you’ll never want to get takeout from a restaurant again. Enjoy rice with roasted vegetables for a complete meal!
chicken fried rice recipe
Fried rice is a staple in most Asian and Japanese restaurants. This homemade rice is even better than restaurants. The rice already has chicken in it with vegetables and it’s the perfect dish when you are craving rice. Chicken and rice with vegetables in the most delicious sesame and soy sauce!
what protein can I use for fried rice?
- Either chicken breast or chicken thighs may be used for easy homemade fried rice recipe.
- However, I’ve used shrimp, beef and pork in place of the chicken. Cooking time will slightly vary depending on the choice of protein.
fried rice recipe-
The secret to the best-fried rice recipe is basmati rice and sesame oil. Sesame oil gives the fried rice this unique and unexpected flavor while the chicken is so filling.
Once I tried basmati rice when making fried rice, my love for fried rice grew to a whole new level. I never expected the texture of the rice can change the outcome results so much. Introducing your new favorite fried rice recipe! #You’reWelcome
what is basmati rice?
There are many classifications for rice. Basmati rice is a thin long grain white rice. It is typically grown in India. However, the taste is just incomparable and so different than our American long-grain white rice. Like our rice, it doesn’t stick and performs wonderfully in fried rice recipes. You want to purchase good quality basmati rice. The package I get comes in cloth packaging.
Basmati rice has a fluffy, light and delicate taste and a unique aroma.
can I use regular white rice?
Yes, you definitely can substitute for regular white long-grain rice if you cannot find basmati rice. NOTE: If cooking long grain white rice in the oven, it will take 45 minutes to bake.
how to make fried rice?
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- For best results when making fried rice, use rice that’s a day old. However, when pinched for time, I’ve let my rice cool completely and it worked just fine.
- If you’ll be making the rice the day before, you can also cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and marinade them. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper, add 1 tsp mayo + 1/2 tsp olive oil. Combine, cover and refrigerate.
- Either grate carrots or use a julienne slicer. Chop the onion finely. Mince garlic.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce.
- Saute chicken, vegetables and fry the egg. Add the sauce, cooked rice and dinner is ready!! #Winner
can I substitute the vegetables?
Yes, you can substitute for your favorite vegetables. Sautéed mushrooms, corn, sweet peas, red peppers, green beans, broccoli or cauliflower are all great additions or substitutions.
easy chicken fried rice recipe-
What I love most about this recipe is how quick it is to make it. By the time the rice bakes, you can saute the chicken, vegetables and prepare the sauce. Then just combine everything and dinner is ready.
can I prepare ingredients in advance-
This is a great recipe to prep in the morning or the night before if you like to prep food and will have a busy day. Cook the rice, saute the chicken and vegetables. Then, when you’re ready to make dinner, mix everything and fry. So quick and easy.
I hope you love the Japanese inspired fried rice loaded with chicken, egg, carrots and green onion with basmati rice and a hint of soy sauce and sesame oil. Don’t forget to leave feedback in the comments below.
Try these other rice recipes:
- Uzbek Plov– Uzbekistan inspired baked rice pilaf.
- Oven Baked Rice with Vegetables– The easiest rice you can make. Best of all – it’s baked!
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole– Cremy and delicious rice casserole.
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- green onion, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a casserole dish combine the rice and 3 cups water. Cook at 400F for 25-30 minutes (rice is ready when fluffy). Fluff rice, set aside to cool.
- In a skillet with 1 tsp oil cook the chicken until golden and fully cooked. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from pan. Add 1 Tbsp butter with the carrots. Sauté over medium heat until fully cooked. Remove carrots (add to chicken).
- Add 1 Tbsp butter and scramble the eggs, stirring as needed.
- Add the chicken and carrots back to the skillet with garlic, stir to incorporate.
- Add rice and stir.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the sauce. Pour sauce into skillet. Add green onion. Fry another 2-3 minutes, stirring as needed.