This Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe is the perfect meal in a bowl ready in under 30 minutes. Pan-Seared Salmon over a bed of fluffy rice with avocado, cucumber, and corn drizzle with our Teriyaki Sauce! So much flavor with just a few simple ingredients.
If you like meals that are enjoyed in a bowl, try our Chipotle Bowl and the Shrimp Rice Bowl recipes.
Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe-
What is a Salmon Rice Bowl? A salmon bowl has all the flavors you’d expect in a sushi but deconstructed, similar to our Sushi Bowl Recipe. Can you stop
If you have leftover salmon, this rice bowl is a great way to use up leftover salmon. Grilled Salmon or the Air Fryer Salmon would work great in this bowl.
I love this recipe as it’s so versatile and may be changed to your personal liking. This is our take on the popular TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl.
- Rice- Any rice will work for this recipe. We used long-grain white rice for the bowl. Brown rice, jasmine, sushi rice, or basmati rice will all be great substitutes.
- Salmon- Fresh or thawed salmon is needed, don’t use frozen salmon. Skinless salmon is great but salmon with skin will work just as great.
- Avocado- Be sure the avocado is ripe, you can slice or cube the avocado or even make Guac!
- Cucumber- And English cucumber or mini cucumbers will work.
- Carrot- A fresh cucumber adds crispiness to the bowl.
- Corn- You can use fresh corn or canned corn.
- Sauce- For the sauce, we just used half a portion of our Teriyaki Sauce for added flavor.
How to Make Salmon Rice Bowl-
The salmon bowl comes together so quickly and it is so easy to make. It is the perfect dinner idea for a busy evening or meal planning.
- Cook Rice- Cook your rice according to package instructions, fluff, and cover to keep warm. You can also use leftover rice.
- Make Teriyaki Sauce- If you want homemade teriyaki, we used half a portion of our Homemade Teriyaki Sauce. Make the sauce and just cut everything in half.
- Saute Corn- If you want your corn hot, saute it with ½ Tbsp butter until golden.
- Cook Salmon Fillets- Meanwhile, prepare one portion of our Pan-Seared Salmon recipe. Leave the salmon whole or cut it into 1-inch cubes before or after cooking. If you want cubed salmon, it will cook much quicker.
- Prep Veggies- Julienne the carrot, slice the avocado and cucumber.
- Assemble Bowl- In a bowl, add your cooked rice. Arrange the avocado, cucumber, carrots, and salmon. Drizzle with the sauce and enjoy!
|Chef’s Tip: You can garnish with fresh herbs like green onion, cilantro, or parsley.|
Substitutes and Variations-
Here are some fun ways to switch up the salmon bowl!
- Protein– Use a different protein instead of the salmon, you can use any leftover meat you have like beef, chicken, shrimp, or tilapia.
- Grain- Quinoa, basmati rice, or buckwheat may be substituted for rice.
- Vegetable– Tomatoes, diced red onion, or lettuce may be added to the bowl.
- Sauce- Spicy Mayo or our Pesto Basil or lime juice would be a great substitute if you don’t want the teriyaki sauce.
- Seaweed- Add seaweed and sesame seed for an Asian-inspired bowl.
- Sriracha- Drizzle with sriracha for some heat.
Meal-prep & storing:
Here are ways to store leftovers and prepare the bowl for meal planning:
- Storing: If you have leftovers, they may be easily stored separately.
- Refrigerator: Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Be sure to cut the avocado before serving, it will brown if refrigerated and sliced.
- Reheat: Reheat the rice and salmon in a skillet over low heat until reheated or in the microwave. Add to bowl and top with vegetables and sauce.
- Meal-prep: Prepare everything per instructions and divide it between your containers. Heat the rice and salmon and top with vegetables and sauce.
More Bowl Recipes to Try:
Bowls are by far one of our favorite dinner meals. Bowls are easy to make and may be assembled to your personal liking. Here are some more bowl recipes to try:
Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe
- 1 recipe Pan-Seared Salmon
- ½ portion of Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 carrot small julienned
- 1 cup corn sauteed
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- Rinse under cold water and cook rice according to package instructions, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make a half portion of the Teriyaki Sauce.
- Make one recipe of the Pan-Seared Salmon.
- Saute the corn with butter until browned.
- In bowl, add rice, salmon, avocado, carrot, corn cucumber and drizzle with sauce.
- Serve and Enjoy!