An easy and simple taco bowl recipe. The bowl is loaded with homemade taco meat, cilantro-lime rice, and topped with tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and sour cream.
This loaded taco in a bowl makes for a great dinner or lunch, even great for meal prepping.
If you enjoy simple one-bowl recipes like this taco bowl, you’ll want to try our chicken quinoa bowl or our shrimp rice bowl as well!
TACO BOWL RECIPE-
This taco bowl is so hearty and delicious. The rice and protein from the homemade ground beef, combined with the vegetables and sour cream make it a one-dish meal that is loved by all.
You can prep all of the ingredients and serve it buffet style allowing everyone to create their own bowl. This bowl is perfect for Taco Tuesdays.
HOW TO MAKE a TACO BOWL-
This recipe comes together so quickly but is loaded with so much flavor.
- Cook rice: Cook the rice using whatever method you like best. We like to bake our rice, the best method for cooking rice (see POST for details).
- Cook meat: Meanwhile, cook the meat using our recipe for homemade taco meat.
- Prep toppings: Chop up and slice your favorite toppings.
- Assemble bowl: Add the warm rice to a bowl and drizzle with lime or lemon juice. Top with the warm meat. Then add all your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy: Enjoy immediately.
This recipe is great to serve buffet-style at the table. Add all of the helpings to individual bowls and allow your family to personalize their bowl.
- PROTEIN– For this recipe we use ground beef taco meat. You can substitute for chicken, shrimp, fish or steak. Just use the homemade taco seasoning on any of the other proteins.
- VEGGIES– We really like adding cooked corn into our bowls. You can also add beans and sauteed veggies for a fajita style bowl.
- GRAIN– In this recipe we love added cilantro-lime rice, but you can also use plain rice of any kind. You can also use quinoa, white rice and brown rice. This is a great way to use leftover grain.
TACO BOWL TOPPINGS-
Once you have all the base ingredients ready for the taco bowl then all you have left is the toppings! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Onion salad
- Taco sauce
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can. Cook the rice and keep it refrigerated, then just reheat it before serving. You can also cook the meat and just reheat it by adding some water to the skillet.
You can definitely make a taco salad, we share tips for taco salad here.
Keep everything stored in separate bowls tightly covered.
This taco bowl recipe is the perfect idea to switch things up a bit for Taco Tuesday. You can even serve the bowl with some toasted tortillas on the side.
TRY THESE OTHER SIMPLE DINNER IDEAS:
- Chicken Wraps Recipe
- Salisbury Steak
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Beef Goulash
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Simple Taco Bowl Recipe
- 1 recipe taco meat
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, or to taste
- 1 cup corn
- 1 Tbsp butter, optional (to saute corn)
- 1 avocado, sliced or quartered
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- hot sauce or Sriracha, optional
- 1 lime
- Prepare taco meat recipe.
- Cook white rice. Drain and drizzle with lime (or lemon) juice.
- In a skillet, saute corn with 1 Tbsp butter (or leave the corn cold).
- Prepare all the desired toppings. Slice the onions, cut avocados and cube the tomatoes.
- In a bowl, arrange all the ingredients for this simple taco bowl.