This Chicken Quinoa Bowl is the perfect recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner. Sauteed chicken on a bed of fluffy quinoa with corn, spinach, feta and tomatoes then drizzled with lime juice. This hearty quinoa bowl is ready in just 30 minutes.
If you enjoy bowls, try our Taco Bowl, the Shrimp Rice Bowl or our popular Chipotle Bowl recipes.
CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL-
Though the possibilities and endless for what you can add to a bowl, we absolutely love this combination in this recipe. The quinoa with chicken gives the bowl its heartiness and the tomatoes, corn add so much freshness to the combination while the freshly drizzled lime juice completes the dish.
|Bowls are great for meal prepping! Easily double the portion and divide between individual containers, then just add the avocado and drizzle the lime before enjoying the meal.|
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL-
- Cook quinoa: Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and cover to keep warm.
- Season chicken: Combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Beat the chicken until even in thickness and season generously on both sides.
- Cook chicken: Add oil to a skillet. Once hot, cook chicken until fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Cube or slice the chicken to serve.
- Cook corn: Add butter to the skillet and cook corn over high heat until corn starts to become crispy. The butter adds so much flavor to the corn.
- Prep veggies: Cube or halve the tomatoes. Slice or cube the avocado.
Assemble Chicken Quinoa Bowl-
- Divide the chicken and quinoa between the bowls. Top with spinach, corn, tomatoes and avocados.
- Drizzle lime over everything. (Chef’s tip: If desired, drizzle olive oil for juiciness with lime juice.)
- Gently toss and enjoy!
The possibilities for this bowl are endless. There are so many variations for the bowl you can try. Here are some of our favorite add-ins:
- Red onion
- Bell Peppers
Frequently Asked Questions-
Yes, you can easily substitute with white or brown rice with great results. Just cook the rice according to the package instructions.
You can make the chicken and quinoa in advance and freeze them in a freezer bag. Then just thaw, reheat and the remaining ingredients and serve.
No, the spinach will be enjoyed fresh in this recipe. You can leave the spinach whole or cut it into smaller pieces.
You can use your favorite chicken in this recipe. We love the chicken breast but chicken thighs or tenderloins will work just fine.
More Recipes with Chicken-
More Recipe with Chicken-
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Thighs in Oven
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Poppy Seed Chicken
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- lime, optional
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine ingredients for the seasonings.
- Beat the chicken until even in thickness and season the chicken on both sides.
- Over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side. Turn heat down to low, close the lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute corn with 1 Tbsp butter until crispy.
- Cut the tomatoes and slice the avocado. Slice the chicken breast into thin slices.
- Add quinoa to a bowl, top with chicken, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese and spinach. Drizzle fresh lime over everything, optional.