This Chicken Quinoa Bowl is the perfect recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner. Sauteed juicy chicken on a bed of fluffy quinoa topped with sauteed butter corn, spinach, feta and tomatoes then drizzled with lime juice. This hearty quinoa bowl is ready in just 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
what is quinoa?
I love the fluffy taste of quinoa. Quinoa is a plant grown as a crop for its edible seed which are rich in protein vitamins and mineral. Quinoa has a slightly nutty taste and is something between barley and rice though much lighter and healthier.
Though the possibilities and ideas are endless for a quinoa bowl, we absolutely love this combination. The chicken adds a heartiness that will make this a wonderful dinner and the corn, avocado and spinach give it the feel of a salad. Truly a wonderful combination.
how to make chicken quinoa bowl-
Cook quinoa. Cook the quinoa according to package instruction. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and cover to keep warm.
Season chicken. Combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Beat the chicken until even in thickness, season generously on both sides.
Cook chicken. Add oil to skillet, once hot, cook chicken on both sides until fully cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
Cook corn. Add butter to the skillet and cook corn over high heat until corn start to become crispy.
Assemble Chicken Quinoa Bowl-
- Cube or half the tomatoes. Slice or cube the avocado.
- Divide the warm quinoa, corn, tomatoes, avocados, feta and spinach between the bowls.
- Slice or cube the chicken breasts and add to the quinoa bowl.
- Drizzle lime over everything. TIP: You can drizzle olive oil over everything as well, if desired.
- Gently toss and ENJOY!
So, true story! I just learned to enjoy quinoa like a year ago, SIGH. I’m very old fashion and a creature of nature. I like to stick to the same ingredients that are “safe”. The kids are just now coming around to eating quinoa.
I prepared this bowl for the kids. Theirs only had he quinoa, chicken and corn (and shredded Mexican cheese) and surprisingly – they enjoyed the dish. I wish we would have started to enjoy this seed sooner, but, hey better late than never ;).
try these simple dinner ideas:
- Chicken Wraps Recipe– perfect for lunch or light dinner.
- Chicken with Creamy Mac and Cheese– a favorite with the kids.
- Vegetable Beef Stir Fry- If you like stir fry.
- 30-Minute One-Pan Lemon Chicken– the sauce is bomb!
Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and cover to keep warm.
- Beat the chicken until even in thickness. In a bowl, combine seasonings for chicken. Season the chicken on both sides.
- Over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2 minutes per both sides. Turn heat down to low, close lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In the skillet, saute corn with 1 Tbsp butter until crispy.
- Cut the tomatoes and slice the avocado. Slice the chicken breast into thin slices.
- Add quinoa to a bowl, top with chicken, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese and spinach.