This amazing copycat Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi Recipe is going to become your new favorite dinner. Juicy chicken with vegetables in a creamy wine scampi sauce. The Italian inspired dish comes together in 30 minutes!
Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi Recipe-
So when we go out to Olive Garden to eat, one of us always orders their Chicken Scampi. It is the perfect combination of flavors. Breaded chicken breast with thin angel hair pasta and vegetables in a delicious creamy wine scampi garlic sauce. Every bite is a treat. There are usually no leftovers.
The biggest drawback of going there and eating there like… once a week is the pricing. It’s almost $18 dollars. That’s kind of nuts. With this copycat recipe, I present to you today, you can feed your whole family for the price of one! Yes, please.
How to make Chicken Scampi Recipe-
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, the perfect 30-minute Italian dinner.
- Cook pasta- Cook angel pasta, al dente, according to package instructions.
- Cook chicken- Dredge the chicken in flour and saute until crispy.
- Cook vegetables- Saute peppers and onions.
- Prepare sauce– Add butter and garlic to the vegetables. Add wine and broth, then add the half and half. Add the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Combine- Add the pasta to the chicken and vegetables and cook until pasta is reheated. Serve.
TIPS When Making Chicken Scampi-
What kind of wine can I use?
You want to use a dry wine. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices (I used Chardonnay in this recipe). You don’t have to purchase an expensive bottle for cooking. Mine was like $7.00 and it works great.
How to make the sauce creamier?
For a creamier sauce, add heavy whipping cream instead of half and half to the sauce!
Can I use a different pasta?
We love the chicken scampi with the angel hair pasta, but you can serve it with just about any pasta.
how to reheat chicken scampi?
Keep dish refrigerated up to 2 days. Reheat the pasta and over low heat until reheated.
NOTE: We don’t recommend freezing this pasta dish.
We just love this Olive Garden copy cat recipe and hope you’ll love the pasta dish just as much.
other easy pasta dinners:
- Pasta & Meat in Skillet-kid approved.
- Classic Bolognese– with a meaty sauce.
- Chicken and Potatoes & Vegetables– the perfect dinner, no salad needed.
- Vegetable Chicken Stroganoff– regularly on our dinner menu.
Chicken Scampi Recipe
vegetables and sauce-
- 2 Tbsp oil, sauteing vegetables
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half and half
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp italian seasoning
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions with the oil and salt. Drain water and keep the pasta covered.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning for the chicken dredging.
- Whisk the eggs and combine with milk in a separate bowl.
- Lightly beat chicken tenders. Dredge chicken tenders into flour, then into egg/milk mixture and again into the flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, saute chicken 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil with the green, red, yellow peppers and red onion. Saute 2 minutes over medium/high heat, stirring as needed.
- Add butter and minced garlic. Saute another minute, stirring as needed.
- Pour the wine and broth into the vegetables. Cook on medium heat for 5 min.
- Add half and half, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, bring to a soft boil.
- Add the chicken back to the vegetables/sauce, cook another minute.
- Add the pasta and cook until pasta is reheated.
- Serve and Enjoy!