This amazing copycat Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi Recipe is going to become a family favorite. Juicy chicken with vegetables in a creamy wine scampi sauce.
The Italian-inspired pasta dish comes together in 30 minutes, perfect for an easy dinner!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi, we’d love for you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. (P.S. Click the BELL icon to get notifications of new videos.)
Chicken Scampi Recipe-
Whenever we go to Olive Garden, one of us always orders the Chicken Scampi Recipes. It is the perfect combination of flavors. Breaded chicken breast with angel hair pasta, peppers and onions in a delicious creamy wine scampi garlic sauce.
Once we finally mastered the recipe at home, I can now feed my entire family for the price of one meal at the restaurant!
How to make Chicken Scampi Recipe-
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, it’s the perfect 30-minute Italian pasta dinner.
- Cook Pasta: Cook the pasta, al dente, according to package instructions. You can use a different pasta if you don’t like angel hair.
- Prepare Chicken: Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour and saute until crispy.
- Cook vegetables: Saute peppers and onions.
- Prepare wine sauce: Add butter and garlic to the vegetables. Add wine and broth, then add the half and half.
- Combine: Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the pasta. Cook until everything is reheated
|Chef’s TIP: You can serve the chicken with vegetables|
and sauce over the pasta instead of combining it all together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUEStions-
You can use any dry white wine. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices, I used Chardonnay in this recipe. (P.S. You don’t have to purchase an expensive bottle for cooking.)
For a creamier and richer sauce, add heavy whipping cream instead of half and half!
Yes! Substitute the anger hair for you favorite pasta.
You sure can! Just cook the pasta and keep it separte. Prepare the chicken and the vegetables with sauce. When serving, combine everything and reheat!
The wine is what gives this Italian dish its flavor. However, you can substitute for chicken broth and add more seasoning.
We used chicken tenderloins in this recipe. You can use chicken breast and cut into pieces or keep the breasts whole.
STORING CHICKEN SCAMPI-
- Refrigerator: Keep the pasta dish refrigerated up to 2 days. Reheat the pasta and over low heat until reheated.
- Freeze: We don’t recommend freezing this pasta dish.
OTHER EASY PASTA DINNERS:
If you enjoy pasta for dinner, we have so many easy recipes. Here are some of our favorites.
- Vegetable Lo Mein
- Classic Bolognese
- Beef Goulash
- Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
- Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
- Easy Lasagna
- Beef Stroganoff
Chicken Scampi Recipe
vegetables and sauce-
- 2 Tbsp oil, sauteing vegetables
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half and half
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp italian seasoning
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions with the oil and salt. Drain water and keep the pasta covered.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning for the chicken dredging.
- Lightly beat chicken tenders. Dredge chicken tenders into flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, saute chicken 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil with the green, red, yellow peppers and red onion. Saute 2 minutes over medium/high heat, stirring as needed.
- Add butter and minced garlic. Saute another minute, stirring as needed.
- Pour the wine and broth into the vegetables. Cook on medium heat for 5 min.
- Add half and half, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, bring to a soft boil.
- Add the chicken back to the vegetables/sauce, cook another minute.
- Add the pasta and cook until pasta is reheated.
- Serve and Enjoy!