This amazing copycat Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi Recipe is going to become your new favorite dinner saving your family money. Juicy chicken with vegetables in a creamy wine scampi sauce. The Italian inspired dish comes together in 30 minutes!
Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi Recipe for Dinner-
So when we go out to Olive Garden to eat, one of us always orders their Chicken Scampi. It the perfect combination of flavors. Breaded chicken breast with thin angel hair pasta and vegetables in a delicious creamy wine scampi garlic sauce. Every bite is a treat. There are usually no leftovers.
The biggest drawback of going there and eating there like… once a week is the pricing. It’s almost $18 dollars. That’s kind of nuts. With this copycat recipe, I present to you today, you can feed your whole family for the price of one! Yes, please.
How to make Chicken Scampi Recipe-
- Cook angel pasta, al dente, according to package instructions.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute until crispy.
- Saute peppers and onions.
- Prepare scampi sauce.
- Add butter and garlic to the vegetables. Add wine and broth. Add half and half.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the scampi sauce and vegetable.
TIPS When Making Chicken Scampi-
What kind of wine can I use?
You want to use a dry wine. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices (I used Chardonnay in this recipe). You don’t have to purchase an expensive bottle for cooking. Mine was like $7.00 and it works great.
How to make the sauce creamier?
For a creamier sauce, add heavy whipping cream instead of half and half to the sauce!
Easy 30-minute pasta meal-
Quick dinners are my favorite kind of dinners. Dinners that can be made in a one-pot or all in one skillet are the best! Fewer dishes to wash means more time with your loved ones! Me like. Me like very much.
P.S. If you are looking for a new skillet to purchase. I just got this SKILLET and am in love with it. It’s really deep and keeps food from splashing and is non-stick.
What’s your favorite go-to meal when you go out for dinner? I’d love to do some more copycat recipes. Let me know in the comments below. I LOVE hearing from you all.
Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this Chicken Scampi Recipe! We love seeing our creations! #ValentinasCorner
Try these other easy dinners:
- Pasta & Meat in Skillet– Kid approved.
- Chicken and Potatoes & Vegetables– The perfect dinner, no salad needed.
- Vegetable Chicken Stroganoff– Regularly on our dinner menu.
Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, uncooked
- ½ tsp oil (Canola or Olive oil)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp oil, sauteing chicken
vegetables and sauce-
- 2 Tbsp oil (Canola or Olive oil)
- ½ green pepper, sliced into thin strands
- ½ red pepper, sliced into thin strands
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced into thin strands
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup wine, see note
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half and half
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions with oil and salt. Drain water and keep the pasta covered.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning for the chicken dredging. Add milk to a separate bowl.
- Lightly beat chicken tenders.
- Dredge chicken tenders into flour, then into milk and again into the flour (coating generously).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, saute chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil with the green, red, yellow peppers and red onion. Sautee 2 minutes on medium/high heat, stirring as needed.
- Add butter and minced garlic. Saute another minute, stirring as needed.
- Add the wine and broth to the vegetables. Cook on low/medium heat for 5 min.
- Add half and half, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, cook another minute.
- Add the chicken tenders to the vegetables/sauce.
- Add pasta and cover with the remaining ingredients. Simmer until all of the ingredients are hot.
- Serve and Enjoy!