This simple Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe makes for the ultimate Italian-inspired pasta dinner ready in under 30 minutes! Tender and juicy chicken breast with broccoli tossed with tender pasta and creamy homemade Alfredo Sauce.
Enjoy this video recipe tutorial for How to make Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Pasta. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. 🙂
BROCCOLI CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA-
This easy and hearty Alfredo Pasta Dinner makes for a great weeknight dinner. Creamy Alfredo sauce combined with tender pasta, juicy chicken breast, and steamed broccoli. The combination of flavors works so well together, everyone is going to love this dish.
Pair this pasta dish with a light Side Salad or Caesar Salad and Homemade Breadsticks for a complete meal!
This recipe comes together quickly and needs only a few simple ingredients.
- Pasta– You can use any short or long pasta for this dish. We prefer short pasta such as penne, rotini, elbow, cellentani, farfalle or rigatoni.
- Chicken– We used the pan-seared chicken breast, but you can use Air Fryer Chicken or any leftover chicken such as shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- Broccoli– Medium broccoli florets work best for this dish! We steam our broccoli along with the pasta but you can pre-steam your broccoli.
- Alfredo Sauce– Homemade creamy alfredo is what we use but you can also use canned alfredo sauce.
- Oil– We use oil to saute the chicken breast.
- Chicken Seasoning– To season the chicken we use salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning. You can also use our homemade chicken seasoning or for a kick cajun seasoning.
how to make chicken & broccoli alfredo pasta-
This easy chicken alfredo pasta is so quick to throw together. It’s especially great for busy dinners when you need something quick.
- Cook pasta- Cook the pasta (al dente) according to package instructions. Season water with salt.
- Saute chicken- Combine the ingredients for the chicken seasoning and then generously season the chicken on both sides. Cook the chicken in a skillet.
- Cook broccoli- Once the broccoli has 3 minutes to cook, throw the broccoli florets into the pasta water and then allow the broccoli to cook with the pasta.
- Prepare alfredo sauce- Prepare the alfredo sauce (detailed instructions in THIS post).
- Combine- Drain the pasta and broccoli. Cut the chicken breast into cubes or strips. Add everything to the alfredo sauce. Mix well to combine and ENJOY!
|Chef’s Tip- If you like heat in your food, serve the pasta with Sriracha or Tabasco, to taste.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! You can easily leave out the broccoli or substitute it for asparagus, peas, red pepper or green beans with great success.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat the pasta dish, add a skillet and add a splash of milk and cook until warmed.
Yes, you can substitute the chicken for shrimp, or sausage, or even just keep it a veggie dish.
Yes! Once the dish is cooked and cooled, transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat.
Yes! Switch out the pasta and flour to gluten-free options with great results.
OTHER PASTA DINNERS-
- Rasta Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Meat Rotini Pasta
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless (about 2)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cups medium broccoli florets
- 1 recipe alfredo sauce
- parmesan cheese, serving, optional
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta per instructions (al dente), season water with salt. Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add broccoli florets.
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken seasoning.
- Lightly beat the chicken breast with a meat mallet until even in thickness. Season chicken on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned chicken breast and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Prepare the alfredo sauce recipe in a deep skillet or pot.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the sauce. Cut the chicken into strips or cube, add to the skillet. Toss until well combined.
- Top the pasta with fresh parmesan cheese.