This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is AMAZING! Juicy chicken with sauteed mushrooms and pasta smothered in the best homemade creamy cajun alfredo sauce. This one-pot meal is so quick and easy to make, the perfect recipe for busy weekends.
cajun chicken pasta-
Seasoned chicken breast sauteed and cut into strips combined with sauteed mushrooms and mixed into an easy and quick cajun sauce that can be tweaked for spiciness.
For a healthier version, use half and half or milk instead of heavy whipping cream to the cream. You can also add broccoli, green beans or asparagus to the one-pan meal.
how to make cajun chicken pasta-
This one-pan pasta comes together so quickly in just under 30 minutes. It’s comfort food and the whole family will enjoy it!
- PASTA: Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, cover to keep warm.
- CAJUN SEASONING: In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the homemade Cajun seasoning.
- COOK CHICKEN: Gently beat chicken with meat mallet and season both side with the cajun seasoning, set aside remaining seasoning for the sauce. Saute chicken until crispy and cooked. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- CAJUN SAUCE: While the pasta is cooking prepare the sauce. Saute the mushrooms with butter, add garlic and tomatoes. Add the cream. Parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- COMBINE: Add the pasta and chicken to the sauce and stir.
- ENJOY, friends. 🙂
TIP: If you like your food really spicy, try the sauce before adding the chicken and pasta and add more cayenne powder for more heat.
how to make cajun chicken pasta bake-
This pasta can easily be turned into a chicken pasta bake. Follow per instructions and transfer to a baking dish, top with more shredded cheese and grated parmesan and bake until cheese melts.
cajun pasta sauce-
This is such a wonderful cajun sauce recipe. The flavors from the mushrooms and tomatoes combined with the heavy whipping cream add richness and the added seasonings of garlic, paprika, cayenne and Italian seasoning truly give the sauce an unforgettable taste.
how to reheat cajun pasta?
Add skillet to stovetop and reheat over medium heat, if pasta is dry, add some more butter and cream.
Try these other 30-minute dinner recipes:
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo– The best homemade alfredo recipe!
- Cheesy Meat Rotini– A simple kid-friendly meal.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe– This recipe is the best chicken parm recipe!
- Chicken Scampi Recipe– The classic scampi recipe.
Cajun Chicken Pasta with the Best Sauce
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp oil (canola or olive)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning.
- Quarter mushrooms and dice tomatoes.
- Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet until even in thickness, season both sides. Leave half of the seasoning for the pasta sauce.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes. The chicken will become tender and juicy.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 Tbsp butter, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, 1 Tbsp butter, and cubed tomatoes, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream, add the parmesan cheese and the leftover seasonings. Mix and bring to a simmer, cook until sauce thickens, stirring as needed
- Cube or slice the chicken.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the skillet with the sauce.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and greens, if desired.
- Enjoy, friends. 🙂