This hearty Spaghetti with Meat Sauce recipe is that perfect Italian-inspired dinner ready in under 30 minutes. The meat sauce with pasta is a great combination and the dish is so easy to make.
Why you’ll love this recipe-
- So affordable yet tastes great.
- Easy and quick to make.
- May be customized to personal preference.
- Loved by kids and adults alike.
What You’ll Need:
The ingredients the spaghetti with meat sauce are very simple and you most likely already have them on hand.
- Ground meat- Your favorite ground meat, we used ground pork.
- Onion & garlic- The fresh onion and garlic add flavor to the meat and sauce.
- Seasoning- Salt and pepper are all you need for the seasoning.
- Marinara- Your favorite classic or traditional marinara (pasta sauce) will work great.
- Pasta- Spaghetti pasta is best in this dish, any brand will work.
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce-
If you enjoy making your meals in one pot, you’ll love this quick recipe with minimal cleanup!
- Cook pasta- In a Dutch oven, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the water and set pasta aside covered to keep warm.
- Brown meat- In the same Dutch oven, saute the ground meat breaking it apart as it’s being cooked. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic- Add the diced onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add marinara- Finally, add the marinara and cook until the sauce starts to bubble, turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine- Now add the pasta back into the Dutch oven, and toss to combine.
- Serve and Enjoy.
This Italian-inspired dish goes great with your classic Italian dishes. Here are some great ideas to enjoy with the pasta-
- Homemade Bread Sticks
- Caesar Salad Recipe
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Italian Bread Recipe
Frequently asked questions-
Yes, we love the classic spaghetti but angel hair, linguine, and fettuccine will all work. Just be sure to cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Yes, you sure may. Ground beef, ground turkey, or even chicken will all work just fine.
You can truly use any marina or pasta sauce, the flavor is going to be coming from the meat.
You can cook the pasta and keep stored in an air-tight container. Cook the sauce with meat and keep it stored. When ready to serve, combine and cook over low heat until reheated.
- Fridge: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: To freeze, place in a freezer container and freeze up to 3 months.
- Reheat: Reheat in a skillet over low heat, and add a dash of oil, water, or some more marinara if the pasta is dry.
More Pasta Recipes to Try:
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe
- Cook pasta according to instructions with 1/2 tsp salt. Once cooked, drain water add to a place and cover to keep warm.
- In the same Dutch oven, add the diced onion and ground pork. Cook until meat is browned and onion is tender (about 5 minutes), breaking up meat as it’s cooked. Season with remaining salt and pepper, add garlic and mix well.
- Add marinara, turn heat to andium/low cook five minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir, cook until pasta is reheated.
- Serve immediately!