An EASY recipe for a classic homemade Lasagna. Tender pasta noodles with layers of meaty sauce, creamy ricotta with parmesan, and shredded cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What is Lasagna?
Lasagna is an Italian dish that is made with layers of flat lasagne pasta and alternating between a meaty sauce and ricotta and parmesan layer and loaded with shredded cheese.
Though the prep time in lasagna may seem long, it’s worth every minute.
How to Make Easy Lasagna recipe?
This classic recipe comes is always a hit with the whole family!
- Cook pasta– Cook the lasagna pasta, al dente. Drain water and rinse under cold water to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Brown the meat– In a large skillet, saute the onion and ground beef together, breaking the meat up as it’s cooked. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add sauce– Pour in the pasta sauce and seasonings. Cook until meaty sauce comes to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cheese layer– In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare oven and pan– Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Layer pasta- Cover the bottom of the dish with some of the sauce. Arrange 3 pasta strips in a straight layer. Generously top with the cheese cream, then meaty sauce and shredded cheese. Continue with the remaining layers (totaling 4 layers).
Lasagna is a favorite family dinner enjoyed by most! We are covering some frequently asked questions you might have for success!
Yes, you can prepare the lasagna per instruction and keep refrigerated two days in advance!
You can freeze the lasagna before it’s baked or once baked and cooked with these two methods:
- UNCOOKED– Prepare lasagna. Cover tightly and freeze. Thaw overnight in the oven and bake per instructions-
- COOKED– Bake lasagna. Cool completely and freeze. Reheat covered in the oven or microwave.
How long do I bake lasagna?
You always want to keep in mind that all ovens are different and the casserole dish itself will affect baking time.
- The total baking type for lasagna will be about 60 minutes! You want to initially bake it covered, then, remove foil and finish baking.
OTHER PASTA RECIPES-
We really enjoy recipes with pasta. Pasta dishes always give the feeling of an Italian restaurant but at home, so good!