A rich homemade Shrimp Alfredo Pasta recipe. Tender fettuccine pasta with shrimp in a creamy homemade Alfredo Sauce. Though the dish is so easy to make, it beats any Italian restaurant.
If you love Alfredo recipes, try our Broccoli Chicken Alfredo and the Crockpot Alfredo.
SHRIMP ALFREDO RECIPE –
This delicious and easy shrimp Alfredo Alfredo is so creamy and packed with flavors, you are going to love the recipe. The fettuccine pasta combined with freshly cooked shrimp and smothered in Alfredo has the best combination of flavors.
- Shrimp – Large or medium raw shrimp. Just remove the tails and clean the shrimp before using. You can also just keep the tails on the shrimp when serving.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper is all you need to season the shrimp.
- Pasta – Your favorite pasta will work in this recipe but we love using fettuccine pasta. You can also use pasta like penne, elbow pasta, bow tie pasta, angel hair, spaghetti, and any other pasta.
- Alfredo Sauce – We use our delicious and creamy homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP ALFREDO-
Have this EASY shrimp fettuccine alfredo pasta ready in under 30 minutes!
- Cook Pasta– Cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions, al dente, drain and set aside.
- Cook Shrimp– Clean and pat dry the shrimp and season with salt, pepper. In a large skillet, cook shrimp on medium high heat. Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Alfredo Sauce– In the same skillet, melt the butter and add minced garlic. Add in the milk, heavy cream, flour, and parmesan cheese and mix until combined and bring to a light simmer. Season to taste and cook until sauce thickens.
- Combine– Add the pasta and shrimp to the sauce and mix everything until well combined.
- Serve– Garnish with fresh greens and grated parmesan and serve!
VARIATIONS AND ADD-INS
There are so many different variations and options for the pasta, here are some of our favorite ways to change up the past:
- Add a kick– Add some hot sauce to the alfredo sauce to make this a spicy shrimp Alfredo.
- Veggies– Add veggies to this shrimp alfredo like broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, or any other veggie you like.
- Cajun pasta– Make this pasta a Cajun pasta by using our homemade Cajun seasoning to season the shrimp and the Alfredo sauce.
- Add chicken– Make this a shrimp and chicken pasta by adding our Pan-Seared Chicken Breast or our Air fryer Chicken!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can use canned Alfredo for this pasta, but we highly recommend the homemade version, it is so easy to make.
Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
We do not recommend freezing this dish.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Just add to a skillet and reheat over low heat with a splash of milk to bring the sauce together.
Shrimp doesn’t cook long, the shrimp should be pink and opaque when done.
MORE PASTA RECIPES-
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Baked Ziti Recipe
- Chicken Scampi Recipe
- Classic Bolognese Recipe
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Clean and pat dry the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. In a deep skillet, heat butter on medium-high heat, once hot add the shrimp, and cook about 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and add minced garlic. Add in the milk, heavy whipping cream, flour, and parmesan cheese and mix until combined. Season to taste and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the sauce and mix everything until well combined.
- Top with fresh greens and parmesan and serve!