Chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe, a classic Italian pasta dish. Fettuccine pasta with juicy seasoned chicken and mushrooms tossed in our homemade Alfredo sauce.
Serve the homemade alfredo pasta with homemade breadsticks and a classic side salad.
Watch the full detailed video on our YouTube and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our channel:).
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo ingredients-
- Pasta– We really like fettuccine pasta in this recipe.
- Chicken– The seasoned chicken gives the recipe so much flavor.
- Alfredo– For the best pasta dinner, you want to use a homemade alfredo sauce. If you are short on time though, store-bought alfredo will work just fine.
- Add-ins– We love adding mushrooms to this recipe, but you can add broccoli, asparagus or even spinach.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ALFREDO-
- Cook pasta – Cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- Cook chicken – Season the chicken and saute in a skillet until cooked. Remove chicken from skillet, cover to keep warm and set aside. Once slightly cooked, slice or cut into cubes.
- Saute mushrooms – In the same skillet saute the sliced mushrooms until golden.
- Alfredo sauce – Add remaining ingredients for the alfredo sauce and cook until it thickens.
- Combine – Add the chicken and pasta into the sauce, stir to combine
- Serve – Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh greens and serve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can substitute the fettuccine pasta for your favorite pasta. Linguine, angel hair or spaghetti all work great.
You can cook chicken, cook the pasta and prepare the mushroom alfredo sauce and keep everything in separate airtight containers. Then just combine and reheat before serving. (Make a day in advance,)
Yes, vegetables may be added to the fettuccine alfredo. Broccoli, peas, green beans or asparagus are all great options to add.
Yes, grilled chicken is my favorite way to prepare chicken for fettuccine alfredo. The crispy chicken adds so much flavor to the dish.
To grill the chicken, rub the chicken with 2 teaspoons of oil before seasoning the chicken.
Yes, you totally can just leave out the onion in this recipe.
Try these other PASTA recipes:
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Scampi
- Classic Bolognese
- Baked Lasagna
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or canola), divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning
- Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet so the breasts are even in thickness. Season chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into strands or cube.
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 tsp oil, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, add chopped onion and 2 tsp oil. Sauté over medium heat until onions are tender, stirring as needed.
- Add butter and garlic, cook for another minute.
- Add the milk, heavy whipping cream, flour and parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring as needed.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta to skillet, cook until everything is reheated.
- Serve immediately.