A simple and quick Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce.
If you like this recipe, try our Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole.
what is fettuccine alfredo-
The traditional Italian version of Fettuccine Alfredo originates from Rome. The fettuccine is served with butter, Parmesan and black pepper. Though the classic version is wonderful, adding cream and garlic to the sauce makes the recipe even better. The sauce is rich, creamy and adds so much flavor to the pasta.
chicken fettuccine alfredo-
Chicken breast is seasoned and cooked until it’s crispy on the outside while juicy and tender on the inside. The mushrooms are sauteed. The chicken and mushrooms are added to the creamy homemade Alfredo sauce along with the fettuccine pasta and everything is combined. This recipe is comfort food at its finest and you’ll never want to order Alfredo at a restaurant again. 🙂
how to make chicken fettuccine alfredo-
- Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning in a small bowl.
- Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet so the breasts are even in thickness. Season chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and sear until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into thin strands or cube.
how to make the alfredo sauce-
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom.
- Once mushrooms are cooked add chopped onion and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add in the garlic, butter and cook for another minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Stir until well incorporated and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta to skillet, cook another minute.
- ENJOY, friends!
can chicken alfredo be prepared in advance?
Yes! This recipe is great to prep in advance. Cook and cut chicken. Sautee mushrooms and prepare the Alfredo sauce. Cook pasta. Keep everything separated and refrigerated until ready to serve. Then, combine and heat everything on low heat.
Can I use different pasta?
Yes, you can substitute the fettuccine pasta for your favorite pasta.
Can I add vegetables to Chicken Alfredo?
Yes, vegetables may be added to the Alfredo. Broccoli, peas, green beans or asparagus are all great options to add.
Can I grill the Chicken?
Yes, grilled chicken is my favorite way to prepare chicken for Fettuccini Alfredo. The crispy chicken adds so much flavor to the dish. To grill the chicken, rub the chicken with 2 teaspoons oil before seasoning the chicken.
I hope you loved this recipe for this Fettuccine Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo! Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below.
Try these other PASTA recipes:
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (or Canola), divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning in a small bowl.
Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet so the breasts are even in thickness. Season chicken breasts on both sides.
In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes. The chicken will become tender.
Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into thin strands or cube.
In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 tsp oil, lightly season with salt and pepper.
Once mushrooms are cooked, add chopped onion and 2 tsp oil. Sauté over medium heat until onions are tender, stirring as needed.
Add garlic, 2 Tbsp butter, cook for another minute. Add the flour and stir vigorously.
Add the milk, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring as needed.
Add chicken and cooked pasta to skillet, mix and bring to a simmer, cook another minute.