Hearty Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe that makes for the best weeknight dinner. Tender and juicy chicken with pasta cooked in a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce, so so good!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN ALFREDO-
This creamy one-pot chicken Alfredo dish is going to become a family favorite dish! Pull-apart tender chicken and pasta tossed in a flavor-packed thick and creamy homemade alfredo sauce – a perfect combination.
We love making this during busy weeknights for dinner, serve with our Homemade Breadsticks.
This hearty alfredo recipe is so easy and only requires just a few simple ingredients!
- Chicken– For this recipe, you can use boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs!
- Seasoning– To season the chicken, we use salt and pepper.
- Butter– We add unsalted butter to add creaminess to the alfredo sauce.
- Garlic– For the best results you want to use freshly minced garlic.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– To make the sauce creamy, you want to use heavy whipping cream for that rich flavor you expect in alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Broth– You can use either chicken broth, vegetable broth, or even beef broth.
- Parmesan Cheese– For this recipe, you can use either pre-grated parmesan cheese or freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Pasta– You can use any of your choice of pasta whether it is short or long pasta. Fettuccine noodles, spaghetti pasta, penne pasta, rigatoni, elbow, cellentani, or fusilli pasta.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT ALFREDO-
This creamy one-pot alfredo dish can be ready in just 15 minutes!
- Saute Chicken– Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the instant pot and saute on both sides until fully cooked.
- Cut Chicken– Remove the chicken and slice it into thin strands or shred with two forks and cover to keep warm.
- Alfredo Sauce– Add the butter and garlic to the instant pot and saute until fragrant. Pour in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, pasta, and sliced chicken into the instant pot.
- Cook– Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and then pressure release.
- Mix– Gently toss to combine, garnish with parmesan cheese and freshly chopped greens.
- Serve and enjoy, friends!
Pair this chicken alfredo instant pot with a side dish for the ultimate dinner!
There are several different ways to put a twist on the classic dish! Here are some of our favorite add-ins:
- Bacon & Ranch Alfredo– Chicken Alfredo goes so well with bacon and ranch! Use our Air Fryer Bacon and 1-2 Tbsps of Ranch powder to the dish.
- Veggies– Add veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms, peas, bell peppers, and spinach. Just steam the veggies and add them to the casserole dish.
- Seafood– Add juicy shrimp to this fish instead of the chicken or along with the chicken.
- Cajun Alfredo– Use our homemade cajun seasoning for the chicken and add some to the Alfredo sauce for a spicy cajun pasta.
- Plain Alfredo– Take out the chicken and just have a simple pasta dish without the hearty chicken.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can use gluten-free pasta and gluten-free flour for the sauce!
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave, stovetop, or in the oven. Add a splash of milk to give the sauce creaminess.
If the alfredo is too runny after being cooked, mix in some more parmesan cheese and a little bit of flour until thickened.
We do not recommend freezing this pasta dish as the pasta does not hold well when frozen.
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should read 165°F.
Yes! Just add the uncooked pasta into the instant pot and it’ll cook with the rest of the ingredients.
OTHER PASTA RECIPES-
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Rasta Pasta
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- On an instant pot, turn on the saute mode. Saute the chicken about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the instant pot and slice into thin strands.
- Add the butter and onions to the instant pot and saute until onions are tender. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, uncooked pasta, and sliced chicken breast to the instant pot.
- Close the lid, seal and pressure cook for 10 minutes, then release pressure.
- Stir everything to combine. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and freshly chopped greens.
- Serve and enjoy!