This hearty and creamy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili soup is the ultimate comfort food! Shredded chicken, peppers, beans, corn, and tomatoes in a thick and creamy soup base, amazing taste.
If you enjoy a bowl of chili, try our classic Beef Chili Recipe!
THE BEST WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE-
We love this simple chicken chili no matter the season! All you need to do is throw everything into the instant pot and in just under 30 minutes this soup is ready to enjoy, so EASY!
The combination of the shredded chicken and veggies loaded with the rich soup base works so well together.
- Chicken– For this soup, you can use boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- Onion– We love to add cooking onion to all of our soups for added flavors!
- Garlic– For the best results, be sure to use freshly minced garlic.
- Beans– This soup calls for black beans and white kidney beans. You can use any of your favorite types of beans, if you are not a fan of beans you can also just leave them out.
- Corn– You can use either canned corn or fresh corn.
- Rotel Tomatoes– We like to add canned Rotel tomatoes, but you can substitute them for classic canned tomatoes.
- Pepper– Green bell pepper is what we used but you can use any bell pepper you have!
- Celery– We love adding chopped fresh celery for added flavors.
- Cream Cheese– Adding cream cheese to this soup gives it its creaminess.
- Milk– You can use either whole milk or half and half creamer.
- Chicken Broth– For the base of the soup we use chicken broth, you can also use vegetable broth, water, or even beef broth.
- Spices– To season the soup we like to use chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and ground black pepper. You can use any of your go-to seasonings!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI-
This creamy chicken chili comes together so easily, just throw everything into the pressure cooker and let it cook!
- Combine– Add all the ingredients into the instant pot, the chicken breast being first.
- Cook– Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes, release the pressure and then remove the chicken breast from the pot.
- Shred– Using your favorite method, shred the chicken breast. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot and stir the soup until well combined.
- Serve– Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
What makes this chicken chili even better is the toppings! Here are some of our favorite toppings for this soup:
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Green onion
- Cayenne pepper or green chiles or heat
- Freshly drizzled lime juice
frequently asked questions-
Yes, the White Chicken Chili may easily be made in a crockpot!
No! You can leave the chicken out and keep it as veggie soup!
Yes, you can easily substitute with cooked rotisserie chicken with great results. Cook chili according to instructions.
Yes! Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker, except the milk and cream cheese. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Shred the chicken breast and add back in with the cream cheese and milk and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Yes! Once cooled, add the chicken chili into a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, heat, and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Instant Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 15 oz black beans drained
- 15 oz white beans drained
- 15 oz canned corn drained
- 10 oz rotel tomatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 1 celery rib finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- Add the chicken breast, onion, garlic, black beans, white beans, corn, rotel tomatoes, cream cheese, milk, chopped peppers, celery, chicken broth and seasonings into the instant pot bowl.
- Close the lid and seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Once cooked, release the pressure and remove the chicken breast.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breast and then put the shredded chicken back into the pot and mix the soup.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!