This is The BEST Easy Chili Recipe you will make! Chili loaded with ground beef, beans, and vegetables with a homemade chili seasoning. This 30-minute chili recipe is so easy to prepare and so DELICIOUS! It will become a family favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
easy chili recipe-
The easiest homemade thick chili recipe you can make. Ground meat sauteed with vegetables in the most delicious chili seasoning with broth and beans. The added carrots and peppers take the simple recipe and truly give it more flavor than you normally won’t get in a classic chili recipe.
Add other cubed vegetables for even more flavor. Celery, red peppers, mushrooms, corn, and zucchini are all great to add to chili.
how to make chili recipe-
Chilli doesn’t have to be as complicated as many recipes make it seem. Prepare to be wowed by the easiness of this recipe. Use a Dutch oven or any pot with a thick bottom for the preparation of this chili.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in the cubed pepper, carrots, and the garlic. Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with juice), beans and the ingredients for the chili seasoning. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
TIP: If you don’t like chunky tomatoes in the chili, you can finely chop the tomatoes before adding them to the chili or puree them.
what kind of meat is used for chili?
In this recipe, we used ground beef as the choice of meat. However, you can substitute for ground pork or turkey if desired with great results.
how to make crockpot chili?
This recipe can easily be made in a crockpot with a few minor adjustments and let the crockpot do the rest of the work. Here’s how you’d make the chili in a slow cooker:
- Saute the meat and onions until meat is browned and onions tender. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the cubed carrots and peppers, garlic, diced tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Mix well to combine. (NOTE: Add beans one hour before chili is finished.)
- Cook on low 5-6 hours and 3 hours on high.
can I freeze beef chili?
Yes, this chili can be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure the chili cools completely before transferring to an air-tight container. Thaw completely before reheating. Add some broth or water when reheating if the chili is too thick.
what can I add as toppings for chili?
Serve the beef chili with your favorite toppings of grated cheddar cheese, sour cream. fresh cilantro, green onion, chives, cubed avocado or crushed tortilla chips.
You can also serve the hearty chilli over a halved and pitted avocado or baked potato. So filling and delicious.
Try these other soup recipes:
- Meatball Noodle Soup– noodle soup with homemade meatballs.
- Beef Cabbage Soup– juicy soup with beef, cabbage and vegetables.
- Sorrel Soup– made with meat, vegetables and sorrel.
- Orzo Soup– the zucchini is the main ingredient.
The Best Easy Chili Recipe
Easy Chili Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely cubed
- 1 large carrot cubed
- ½ medium green bell pepper cubed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups beef broth, or chicken broth
- Brown beef in a Dutch oven over med-high heat, breaking up the meat while stirring.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add diced carrot, bell pepper and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring as needed. Drain excess fat.
- Pour in diced tomatoes with juice, add beans, broth and seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Turn heat down to a gentle boil and allow chili to cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally (longer if meat and vegetables aren’t desired tenderness).
- Taste chili and additional seasonings if needed. Turn off heat and allow chili to rest 5 minutes.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.